A name is like a song, when you hear it, you go back to a place in your memory where you might like to stay a while. As Valentine's Day approaches, and love is in the air, we are reminded of our favorite romance movies, starring some of our most beloved heartthrobs. Some are unique and some are classic, but nonetheless we are reminded of passion and adoration by just hearing the name. Here are 10 of our favorites!
1. Westley, The Princess Bride - Who didn't fall in love with this hero during his fairy tale adventures to rescue Buttercup? His perseverance alone sets his apart from the rest. Not to mention his favorite saying is "As you wish."
2. Liesl, Sound of Music - The oldest of the von Trapp children, her fling with the delivery boy makes us nostalgic for that young love feeling.
3. Edward, Pretty Woman - Your heart just skipped a beat when reading his name. The ultimate bachelor throws money and love at an unlikely source, finally gaining her trust and once again showing happily ever after might happen when you least expect!
4. Rose and Jack, Titanic - Love story meets emotional tragedy between these vivacious star-crossed lovers. The passion between them is unsurpassed.
5. Viola, Shakespeare in Love - Such a feminine name is only suitable as she plays Romeo in the town play, capturing the heart of young William Shakespeare.
6. Tristan, Legends of the Fall - This one needs no explanation. He is gorgeous, passionate, and a family man to the extreme. And a sexy name to boot!
7. Juliette, French Kiss - She is the beautiful French "goddess" that stole another woman's husband, but in the end, after some elaborate schemes, he still longs for his wife. Mistresses don't always win.
8. Henry, 50 First Dates - Comedy and quirkiness are abundant as he tries every day to win over Lucy. His humor and determination make him desirable for any first date!
9. Scarlett, Gone with the Wind - While difficult and stubborn, Scarlett represents the strong, old-fashioned heroine, who pines for a lover whom she cannot have.
10. Oliver, Love Story - Tragedy overshadows romance, and Oliver shows us that nothing can get in the way of love. We are left lingering on his words, "Love means never having to say you're sorry".
About the author:
Lacey Moler is the Co-Founder of Belly Ballot, a new social startup that allows parents to choose their favorite names and invite friends and family to vote via Facebook and Twitter. Launched in July of 2012, Belly Ballot draws thousands of expecting parents every month who search for the perfect name and share their choices with friends online. Lacey is a mom of three and former private equity analyst. Follow her on Twitter at @bellyballot or Bellyballot.com or http://babynames.net
If you like this article, we'd be honored if you shared it using the button below.