Getting Organized for Your New Baby
by Maureen Bard and Christine Zuchora-Walske
It's not just expectant moms who have to remember to breathe. For both moms and dads, for both first time parents and old hands, organization is the key to a smooth happy pregnancy. Getting Organized for Your New Baby (Meadowbrook Press) by working moms Maureen Bard and Christine Zuchora-Walske is a completely revised and updated version of its 1995 best-selling predecessor, is an essential tool to help expectant parents prepare themselves and the rest of the family for the new baby. Chock full of handy and helpful checklists, how-to hints, forms, charts and bibliographies, this book makes it easier for today's busy parents to schedule, budget and prioritize.
"For most of my life, I sneered at planners. Then Hurricane,Tony (my 1-year-old son) blew in two weeks early. His crib wasn't assembled. We hadn't researched newborn medical procedures. All his clothes were too big. And - horrors - we had no baby wipes! I learned the hard way that when it comes to babies, organization is your friend. If I have any say in the matter, new parenthood will go a lot more smoothly for my readers than it did for me!" says author Zuchora-Walske.
The book's chapter on pre-planning pregnancy ("Maybe Baby?") includes basal temperature charts, lists of questions to ask the health care provider, and user-friendly pregnancy-tracking charts for both mother and fetus. Additional chapters address:
- Mother's needs - including complete pregnancy record maternity clothing checklist, special treat suggestions for the "lady in waiting", strategies for reducing fatigue and monitoring weight-gain
- Baby's needs - including feeding charts, newborn clothing evaluator, nursery safety checklist, tips for buying second-hand baby items
- Family members' needs - including advice on when to tell siblings to how to select a daycare, health care cost planner, and charts for organizing baby's investments.
• Getting Organized for Your New Baby at Amazon.com
• Getting Organized for Your New Baby at Amazon UK
• Getting Organized for Your New Baby at Amazon Canada