Over the last few years, more and more women have been in favor of the benefits of natural childbirth. But why go through the pains of natural childbirth? Why not take Demerol or get an epidural? Or better yet, why not skip the labor altogether and schedule a c-section?
Not only is natural childbirth widely considered the best and safest way to deliver a child, it empowers women by reinforcing their belief in themselves and in their abilities.
In Adventures in Natural Childbirth, editor Janet Schwegel taps into this growing movement with a fascinating collection of personal stories from thirty-nine women on their journey through pregnancy, labor, and natural childbirth. These women's tales capture the full range of emotions and physical sensations natural childbirth can evoke - from calm to fear, from sleepiness to pain, and everything in between - and give readers a true sense of the joys and the hardships involved. Adventures in Natural Childbirth is essential reading for any woman who is considering - or is simply curious about - giving birth naturally.
* Birthing naturally with a midwife
* Birthing naturally with a physician
* Birthing naturally with a doula
* Birthing naturally unassisted
* Birthing naturally the first time or the next time
• Adventures in Natural Childbirth at Amazon U.S.
• Adventures in Natural Childbirth at Amazon UK
• Adventures in Natural Childbirth at Amazon Canada