| Open Letter to Family and Friends |
Dear Family and Friends,
During our recent visit, many of you expressed some concerns about my parenting and Evelyn's future development. I will try to answer them here.
- My baby, my rules.
- She is 5 months, not 50 years. She is incapable of the complex thinking it requires to maliciously manipulate me. If she can do it to you, then you are not too bright.
- She likes to be held. I like to hold her. It works for us.
- Yes, we co-sleep. We aren't losing any sleep over it, why are you?
- She is still breastfeeding exclusively so no you can't feed her any food. Please refer to point #1.
- She is very attached to Mommy. I don't see it as a problem but a blessing.
- She cries. I pick her up. She stops. Where is the problem?
- Yes, she is 20 lbs at nearly 6 months. Obviously she is not starving. See point #5.
- She doesn't like to wear shoes or socks. She can't walk so why make her?
- She is a living human being with feelings that need to be respected. If she doesn't want you to hold her, I won't force her.
Any other problems or questions regarding my parenting, refer to #1.
Toni and Evie