What is an Online Baby Shower?
An online baby shower (such as one hosted through MommyParty.com) is the closest that you can get to a physical baby shower (minus the cake, of course). Moms-to-be celebrate their pregnancy and the upcoming arrival with their friends and family over the Internet. The baby showers are private and depending on the company selected can be very personalized!
Who has an Online Baby Shower?
- The mom-to-be who lives far from family.
- The mom-to-be who has friends who live far away.
- The mom-to-be who wants a different way to celebrate with her co-workers.
- A supplemental party to the baby shower she is having at home.
- And the list goes on!
What is included in an Online Baby Shower?
The options vary from company to company. When interviewing MommyParty.com, they said they offer the following services:
- Emailed invitations to an UNLIMITED number of guests. You can use their invitation or write one of your own! Printable invitations are also included.
- Four baby shower games. Guests' game answers can be viewed by the hostess and the mom-to-be. Normally, the hostess or expectant mother will print the game answers as a keepsake for babyıs record book.
- A party message board is available for guests to post messages to the expectant mother and other guests. The "social" aspect of an online baby shower.
- Personal messages can be posted on the party page. A space is reserved for the mom-to-be and the hostess to write "welcome" messages to their guests. Each guest can write a special message to the mom as well.
- Picture of the mommy-to-be can be posted to her baby shower page. It personalizes the party even more!
- Guest list can be viewed by all! It displays who has attended and who has yet to arrive.
- Party Favors for guests who attend the party! (shipping not included)
- A Countdown Clock to the mommy-to-be's due date.
How long does an Online Baby Shower last?
Online Baby Showers usually last for an extended period of time. Since it is not in "real time," or at one time, the party is ideal for guest's schedules and different time zones around the world.
Special thanks to Audrey Cowan of Mommy Party for providing information for this article.
If you like this article, we'd be honored if you shared it using the button below.