For those moms-to-be that already have every baby item on the market from previous babies, one good way to celebrate without spending much money is to host a casserole shower. Have each guest bring a casserole, suitable for freezing, for the guest of honor. Since she already has the stroller, the high chair, and everything else she will need for the baby, make life a little easier for her when she brings her new baby home by providing easy meals for the family. Have the guests bring a casserole in a disposable container (write heating instructions on the lid), a smaller version of the casserole to sample, and copies of the recipe. Then, you will not have to provide food, other than the cake, because there will be plenty to eat, and you can make recipe books as party favors! Just make sure the mom-to-be has somewhere to store all the frozen meals.
From KYGreek ~ SPINACH CASSEROLE
Add cream cheese, sour cream, and soup mix to drained spinach, mix well. Sprinkle cheese on top, and bake at 350 degrees in ungreased casserole, uncovered for 1/2 hour.
- 4 packages frozen spinach, cooked and drained very well.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 pack onion soup mix
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
From KYGreek ~ POTATO CASSEROLE
Break up frozen potatoes in large baking pan and place in 350° oven while you mix soups and sour cream together.
Stir into potatoes. Put 1/2 stick of butter on top in small pieces. Bake in 350° oven for 45 minutes. Spread 3 cups of cheddar cheese on top. Mix melted butter and corn flakes together and spread on top. Bake 10 or 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- 2 small packages of potatoes O'Brien (or hashbrowns)
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz. sour cream
- corn flakes
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
From D Haley ~ BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
- Cook broccoli for 5 minutes, drain.
- 2-10oz pkg frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- cheese cracker crumbs
- Combine all other ingredients except cracker crumbs.
- Add broccoli and place in casserole dish.
- Top with cracker crumbs just before baking.
- Bake in 350* oven for 30 minutes.
From D Haley ~ VEGETABLE CASSEROLE
Mix all ingredients, except crackers, in large bowl.
- 2 cans Veg-All (drained)
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts (drained)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Ritz cracker crumbs
Place in casserole dish. Top with cracker crumbs just before baking.
Bake in 350* oven for 30 minutes.
From Jimes mom ~ This casserole is ideal for pregnant or breastfeeding moms, it is a good source of calcium!
Mix milk, onion, salt and pepper. Cut the potatoes into thin slices, put a layer of milk mixture (1/3 of it) into a medium casserole, put some potatoes, broccoli, cheese, milk, potatoes, broccoli, the rest of the milk and end with cheese. Cover with aluminium foil and put it into the oven for 40 minutes-1 hour, or until the veggies are soft (300 F degrees more or less). Serves 8.
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- pepper and salt to taste
- 10 medium potatoes
- 1 small chopped broccoli (I prefer fresh veggies)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
From dane ~ BAKED ZITI
Cook Ziti noodles as directed. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine egg, ricotta, Parmesan and half a bag of mozzarella cheese. Season with Garlic and Parsley. Stir in noodles. Pour half of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of pan then pour in noodle mixture. Pour remaining sauce over noodles and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.
- Ziti noodles
- Ricotta cheese
- Spaghetti sauce
- Hamburger (optional-can be mixed in with the spaghetti sauce)
From MorningGlory ~ CURLY NOODLE CASSEROLE
Mix together, toss in the oven until warmed through, freezes great!
- 1 pkg curly egg noodles, cook until still firm, but cooked (could even use elbow noodles if you'd rather)
- 1 pkg cream cheese (8oz)
- Cooked Chicken (can even be canned chicken if you want it to be) (I use about 5 tenders just fried up so they're mostly cooked)
- 1 cube melted margarine
- chopped olives (or any other veggie you want to throw in. Green onions add a yummy flavor)
From Dawn ~ CHICKEN CASSEROLE
Boil chicken until done and save chicken broth for later use. Shred chicken and mix soup together with chicken. Put into casserole dish. Take stuffing and mix with chicken broth until moist. You use about the same amount of broth as water that is listed on the box.
Spread the stuffing mix over the chicken/soup mixture and place in the oven and bake on 350 for about 30-45 min. I like the stuffing to be a little crispy so I bake it about 45 minutes.
- 1-2 pounds of chicken (I use the frozen boneless, skinless breasts) you can vary the amount of chicken to how much meat you want
- 1 box of stuffing (Stove Top chicken flavor)
- 1 large can of Cream of chicken soup
From coolchc21 ~ BUSY DAY CASSEROLE
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 12 oz can whole corn, drained
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz egg noodles
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
-In large skillet, add oil and onion, saute until tender. Add ground beef and cook until brown, drain. Add mushrooms, corn, and soup, mix well.
-Cook noodles in salt water according to directions, drain.
-Mix noodles, meat, and 1/2 cup cheese. Spoon into 2 cup casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.
If you like this article, we'd be honored if you shared it using the button below.