|Theme of the Month ~ Breastfeeding Shower|
Even though mom doesn't need many supplies to successfully breastfeed, she does need a lot of support. If this is her first baby (or her first time breastfeeding), she especially needs support. One way to help her get a good start is to host a breastfeeding baby shower before her baby comes. It can be a theme added to the typical party or solely a breastfeeding shower.
Instead of the typical party games, try these activities:
- Ask guests to share their favorite breastfeeding memory. Give a prize for the best story.
- Ask guests to share their funniest breastfeeding memory. Give a prize for the funniest story.
- Ask guests to share their best breastfeeding tip (for examples, see our Best Breastfeeding Tips Archive). Have someone write them all down and give to mom-to-be.
- Play charades with breastfeeding terms and phrases such as football hold, breast pump, plugged duct, latch, engorgement, inverted nipple . . . just imagine the interesting and hilarious possibilities!
- If charades sounds a little too daring, create a wordsearch and give a prize for the person who finishes first.
- See who can name the most parts of the breast. For a list of terms, click here.
This is the perfect shower for breastfeeding moms to bring their babies and toddlers and nurse, nurse, nurse! Have healthy snacks and drinks and share the beauty of breastfeeding. Also, make sure that you have lots of areas for people to sit and nurse.
There are many possibilities. If you have ideas to share for incorporating a breastfeeding theme into a baby shower, let us know! We'd love to include your ideas.
If you like this article, we'd be honored if you shared it using the button below.