|Emotional Healing After a Cesarean
For some mothers, birth by cesarean is a relief; for others, it's a nightmare. If you had an UNPLANNED c-section, please share your thoughts with us. It's our hope to create an article on emotional healing after cesarean birth.
Issues may wish to discuss:
- Types of feelings . . . rage, relief, sadness, ambivalence, happiness, bitterness, fear, guilt, joy . . .
- Duration of feelings . . . did you feel that way for a few hours, a few months, still feel that way
- Did anyone acknowledge your feelings such as spouse, family, care providers, friends? Were they helpful or hurtful?
- Healing . . . what did you do to help you heal emotionally? Therapy, another pregnancy, creative visualization, educating yourself about pregnancy and childbirth . . .
- Scar issues . . . did it bother you? Did you do anything special to make peace with it? Did you do anything special to help it heal physically/cosmetically?
- What else? Share your thoughts.
Your completion of the following form gives StorkNet permission to share your comments in an article. First name only will be used.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!