This project provides great small-motor practice for little hands! Thank you to StorkNet member ErinFiat for contributing this idea.
- brightly colored tissue paper
- sandwich size Ziploc baggies
- dark colored, thick pipe cleaners
- Start by cutting the tissue paper into confetti pieces. This is a good opportunity to practice cutting.
- Fill the baggie about halfway full with confetti. Then seal the top.
- Get those pipe cleaners ready! Now, gather at the center of the baggie. Make sure the confetti is fairly evenly distributed on each side. Last, twist the pipe cleaner around the center of the baggie to make the butterfly body.
Other Butterfly Projects:
• Butterflies Project of the Month: watercolor butterflies and butterfly sandwiches
Additional Links ~ All About Butterflies
• The Butterfly Website: Photos, clipart, education, butterfly zoos and more!
• Butterflies and Moths: Some beautiful pictures.
• Create a Butterfly Garden
• Queen Alexandra's Birdwing Butterfly: Information and detailed coloring sheet
• Help track spring's journey across the Northern Hemisphere!
• Monarch butterfly: The migration from Mexico is underway!
Do you have an idea for another Project of the Month for our Crafts for Kids Cubby? We'd love to hear from you. Email our moderators with your suggestions!