ages two (with parental help) and up
You will need:
- a cereal box
- red construction paper (pink or white will work, too)
- pencil or pen
- materials to decorate your carrier (more construction paper, lace, stickers, etc.)
- two pieces of yarn or lace to make the handle of your carrier
- hole punch
- Measure and cut the cereal box diagonally from one corner, so that the side of the box is the same length as the bottom of the box. The corner of the box will be the point of your heart.
- Measure and cut red construction paper to fit along the edges of the box, and glue it on.
- Measure and cut two hearts from the construction paper to fit on the front and back of the carrier.
- Decorate the hearts with stickers, lace, etc.
- Glue the hearts to the front and back of your carrier.
- Punch a hole in each side of the carrier, and then thread a piece yarn or lace through each hole. Tie the four ends of the yarn or lace together in the center above the heart to make the handle.
You can use the carrier to hold your valentines as you deliver them. You can also hang the carrier from a doorknob to collect the valentines you receive.
Copyright © 2002 StorkNet.com. All Rights Reserved.