|Project of the Month ~ Crystal Wax Candles|
This is a quick and easy project that kids will love!
- Baby food jar or other glass container (preferably with a lid.)
- Crystal wax in two or more colors
- Candlewick with metal disk
- Newspaper for covering your workspace
- Center candlewick in glass jar.
- While holding the candlewick in place have your child sprinkle the wax into the jar using the spoon. Help your child pack the wax down.
- After a desired depth switch wax colors. Continue layering until you reach the top.
- Trim the wick to 1/4 inch. As the candle burns the wax will melt into a solid candle. If you are shipping the candle or planning to move it frequently, I recommend burning the top layer so the crystals will be held in place. Be sure to supervise children around a burning candle.
For other projects using baby food jars please visit ourJunk to Gems -
Baby Food Jars Page
Do you have an idea for another Project of the Month for our Crafts for Kids Cubby? We'd love to hear from you. Email our moderators with your suggestions!