This cute duck is actually a little jar of jellybeans! Celebrate spring with this fun, simple project. Thank you to StorkNet member DebbieL for contributing the directions and photo for this idea!
- Empty baby food jar
- Yellow paint
- Jellybeans or other candy
- Easter grass (optional)
- 1 large yellow pom pom
- 2 small yellow pom poms
- 1 piece each of orange and yellow foam paper
- Googly eyes
- Small piece of paper for sign for duck to hold (optional)
- Paint the lid of the jar yellow. Set aside to dry.
- Take the orange foam and cut out an oval. Cut the oval in half shortways for the bill (or beak). Also cut out 2 webbed feet from the orange foam.
- Take the yellow foam and cut out a rectangular shape with a notched end for the duck's tail.
- Fill the jar with jellybeans and Easter grass. Screw on the lid.
- Turn the jar upside down so it sits on the lid.
- Glue feet to the underside of the lid.
- Glue tail on the back of the jar, down near the lid.
- Glue a small yellow pom pom on each side of the jar for the wings.
- Glue the bill (or beak) to the large yellow pom pom and glue the whole thing to the top of the jar for the head.
- Glue the googly eyes to the head.
- Add a "Happy Easter" sign to one of the duck's hands (optional)
What other things can you do with baby food jars? Read our archive of ideas here!
Do you have an idea for another Project of the Month for our Crafts for Kids Cubby? We'd love to hear from you. Email our moderators with your suggestions!