|May Project of the Month|
Laundry Scoop Wheelbarrows . . .
These make a great seed starter or fill with packages of seeds for a Mother's Day gift for Mom or Grandma or any gardening enthusiast!
Special thanks to guest designers Ryan (age 4) and Ethan (age 2) and their mother Anita who helped out Tommy (age 2) and Miche this month!
- Laundry detergent scoop
- Two large buttons or wooden discs for wheels
- Razor blade
- Paints (models were done with acrylic craft paint)
- Adults prepare ahead of time! Slice handle of laundry scoop with the razor blade down the middle to make the handles of the wheelbarrow. Bend apart.
- Paint a basecoat over the entire scoop and handle (optional).
- Kids can now decorate the wheelbarrow and wooden discs with paint.
- When dry, glue wheels into place.
- Fill with soil and seeds or seed packages.
Children's books about seeds and gardening with kids:
Copyright © 2002 StorkNet.com. All Rights Reserved.