|May 2005 Project of the Month|
Children enjoy making and playing with puppets. We will be collecting puppet-making ideas here over the next few months. Send your ideas to us.
Popsicle Stick Puppet
- Popsicle stick for each puppet you want to make
- Paper (white or colored construction paper)
- Cardboard or tagboard (empty cereal boxes work well)
- Pencils, crayons and/or markers
- Decorating materials (sequins, doilies, googly eyes, glitter, etc.)
- Create your puppet using the paper you've selected. You may want to trace a picture from a book, or use colored construction paper to cut out shapes and glue them together. Decorate your puppet using the materials you've gathered.
- Trace the puppet onto the cardboard and then cut out the backing. Glue the puppet to its backing. This will make your puppet sturdy.
- Glue the puppet to the popsicle stick.
- You're ready to put on a show!
Example: Alice the Fairy from the book by David Shannon
Do you have an idea for another Project of the Month for our Crafts for Kids Cubby? We'd love to hear from you. Email our moderators with your suggestions!