|November Project of the Month|
This cheerful turkey, a gift from your child, will help make someone's Thanksgiving Day extra-special!
- brown construction paper
- scrap of orange or yellow construction paper
- colored feathers
- crayons or pens
- orange or brown pipe cleaner
- one googly eye
- craft glue
- Trace child's hand on brown construction paper and cut out.
- Glue feathers onto fingers and eye onto thumb.
- Cut a small triangle of orange or yellow construction paper and glue to back of turkey with a bit sticking out for the beak.
- Color the turkey if desired. (This can add a personal touch for younger children who can't do most of the cutting and decorating.)
- Shape feet out of pipe cleaners and glue them onto the turkey.
- Glue to a piece of paper with the following poem:
This isn't just a turkey
As anyone can see.
I made it with my hand,
Which is a part of me.
It comes with lots of love,
Especially to say,
I hope you have a very
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Do you have an idea for another Project of the Month for our Crafts for Kids Cubby? We'd love to hear from you. Email our moderators with your suggestions!