|September 2005 Project of the Month|
- Black plastic comb
- Three short black chenille stems
- One long black chenille stem
- Googly eyes and glue
- Use the short stems as legs for your cricket. (You can talk about how insects have six legs.) Wrap the stems around the comb, one at either end and one in the middle, then bend them so that the cricket can stand on its legs.
- Use the long stem as antennae for your cricket. Wrap it around one end of the comb, then bend both ends back to curve over the body of your cricket.
- Glue the googly eyes on the comb near the base of the antennae.
- You can make your cricket chirp by brushing your fingers across the comb's teeth!
Do you have an idea for another Project of the Month for our Crafts for Kids Cubby? We'd love to hear from you. Email our moderators with your suggestions!