- Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I handle those baby shower invitations and announcements after infertility and/or loss?
- What do you say/do when people want to ignore my fears during a subsequent pregnancy or in parenting my subsequent baby?
- Too Soon To Try Again After Miscarriage? ~ A Message Board Archive
- I want to try again, but my husband doesn't want to. How can I convince him it's okay to try again?
- From author Deborah L. Davis, Ph.D.:
- Pregnancy after loss - Surviving a subsequent pregnancy by Ann Douglas
Author Ann Douglas discusses her own subsequent pregnancy and gives us some wonderful tips for surviving with our sanity intact!
- Searching For a New Doctor by Ada Lai
If you're not comfortable returning to the same doctor you had during your unsuccessful pregnancy, you may feel overwhelmed over where to start your search. After three pregnancy losses, Ada Lai conducted a very detailed search for the perfect doctor to help her through a successful pregnancy. She ultimately found someone she was very happy with AND she gave birth to a very healthy daughter. Ada shares her detailed search tips with us.
- It Happened Once - Will it Happen Again? Assessing Genetic Recurrence Risks by Helga V. Toriello, Ph. D.
While every expectant couple hopes their child will be healthy, approximately 3-4% of couples will have a a child with a serious birth defect or combination of birth defects, called a syndrome. If you've lost a baby to birth defects, are you at an increased risk in a subsequent pregnancy? Geneticist Helga Toriello explains the risks and odds.
- Suggestions for Pregnancy After Pregnancy/Infant Loss
A list of coping suggestions mentioned by parents who have had a successful pregnancy after loss. Many of these tips would apply to those going through a pregnancy after infertility treatments or any high-risk pregnancy.
- A Long, Hard Road to Parenthood
Written by Krystina Clunk, this is part research paper, part personal story dealing with the emotions involved with infertility.
- Contemplating Pregnancy? a.k.a. "Here We Go Again"
The decision to attempt pregnancy after a loss may be very difficult. You may be wondering how much more heartache you can handle. You and your mate may even disagree about trying again. Or, you may feel obsessed with pregnancy. Here are some tips for determining how ready you are for subsequent pregnancy.
- Paranoid and In Love: Parenting After Multiple Losses
Cubby Mom Maribeth Doerr discusses her parenting after multiple losses along with a list of parenting tips.
- Suggestions for Parents Following Multiple Losses
If you have experienced multiple losses or infertility and loss, decisions can be difficult. Here's a tip sheet to help.
- Pregnancy After a Loss A Guide to Pregnancy after a Miscarriage, Stillbirth, or Infant Death
Book review by Gayesy Ward