Practical Off-to-School Routines
(FeatureSource) Back to school is a season of change. Your child tightens the laces on his new shoes and hoists up his new backpack. He climbs onto a bus with new classmates, on his way to meet a new teacher in a new classroom. With lots of adjustments to make, parents are often left worrying about their child’s resilience.
“The back-to-school season is full of change and adjustment,” says Vicky Lansky, author of Practical Parenting Tips (Meadowbrook Press). “There are simple routines you can add to your child’s school day that will create a stress-free learning experience for your little one.”
From her book, Lansky shares the nine following tips to simplify your child’s school day:
- Prepare for school the night before. Set the breakfast table and select an outfit.
- Set a timer to alert your child when it’s time to gather belongings and leave for school.
- Sew nametags into clothing, especially coats or gym clothes.
- Tape milk money to the inside of your child’s lunch bag or box, so he or she will not lose it.
- Teach your child to wait for the bus driver’s signal when crossing the street.
- Save empty paper towel tubes for carrying important papers or paintings to school.
- With young children, pin notes to the teacher onto your child’s clothing.
- Have a parent who works outside the home drop off your child at school or at the bus stop. Your child will be accustomed to saying good-bye to that parent, so it won’t cause trauma.
- Don’t forget to ask your child about school activities.
“Your efforts will save you time, which you can use to play with your child or help with homework,” Lansky says.
Author: Kelsey Anderson
Article provided courtesy of Feature Source
If you like this article, we'd be honored if you shared it using the button below.
More Back to School and School/Education Issues:
• Help Reset Your Child's Internal Clock before School Starts
• SCHOOL SHOPPING: Less is better for your wallet and your kids
• Back To School Basics
• Twelve Must Do Rules for Back to School!
• Backpack Safety for the Back to School Crowd
• Nutritious Back-to-School Breakfast
• Practical Off-to-School Routines
• Pack a Healthy School Lunch Your Kids Will Eat
• Organizing Your Teen Daughter for School
• What To Do if Your Preschooler Hates School
• How to Help Your Child be Successful in Kindergarten
• Simple Rules For Saving (or NOT SAVING) Schoolwork
• Helping Your Child Fit into the New Social Scene
• Coaching Your Teenagers on the Quest for Good Grades
• Teach Your Children to "Suck it Up"
• Holding Back the Years