- Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC) Fact Sheet
What is a VBAC, should you have one, what are the complications, and what you can do . . . an all-purpose fact sheet from ICAN.
- VBAC Birth Plan
Writing a vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) plan is something that most VBAC advocates strongly recommend. There are many ways to go about writing a birth plan and those of us who wish for a VBAC have a few additional points to consider. This article is intended to provide some suggestions on how to approach the issue of birth plans and how to adapt them to your needs in the hopes of creating a safe and comfortable atmosphere in which to give birth. A little planning and discussion of birth wishes in advance may result in less surprises and disappointments in the heat of the moment.
- Hopeful VBAC Moms Who Are Fearful of Birth #2
A mom hoping for a VBAC with her second child expressed her fears on our message board. Several members responded with support and tips that helped them prepare for, and succeed in, having their VBAC births.
- Vaginal Birth After Cesarean Checklist ~ From the International Cesarean Awareness Network, a list of suggestions to help you achieve a VBAC.
- VBAC: Should You Try, or Avoid Disappointment?
by Gayle Peterson, MSSW, LCSW, PhD - an excellent article examining the reason why you should pursue the birth of your dreams.
- How to Manage Your VBAC Fears
by Diana Korte, author of "The VBAC Companion: The Expectant Mother's Guide to Vaginal Birth After Cesarean"
- 10 Questions to Ask a Doctor or Certified Nurse-Midwife
by Diana Korte, author of "The VBAC Companion: The Expectant Mother's Guide to Vaginal
Birth After Cesarean"
- Ten Questions for Hospitals by Diana Korte and Roberta Scaer
Excerpt from A Good Birth, A Safe Birth
- A VBAC Primer ~ Technical Issues for Midwives
by Heidi Rinehart, MD, reprinted from Midwifery Today
- Summary of the Four Largest and Most Recent VBAC and Elective Repeat Cesarean Studies by Gretchen Humphries
- So You Want to Have a Diabetic VBAC
With modern medicine, monitoring, and treatment, diabetic women are now able to become pregnant with little or no additional risk to themselves or their babies. What if you want a VBAC though? It's possible!
- VBAC vs. Elective Repeat C-Section (ERC)
A mom who is struggling to make the decision regarding VBAC or ERC asks for advice from our StorkNet Members. Read their answers from both VBAC moms and ERC moms.
From our experts:
In the News:
In our Childbirth cubby:
In our C-Sections cubby: