|Telecommuting Friendly Companies |
by Liz Fretz
The following is a list of companies that are known to be friendly towards telecommuters. There are links to their home pages where you can search for employment opportunities. Just because a company is listed here, does not mean they currently have job opening . . . but it never hurts to take a look.
Also, if the company where you presently work is not listed here, don't despair. More and more companies are realizing that they have to offer flexibility to attract and retain the best and the brightest employees. It never hurts to ask you supervisor and/or the human recourses department about telecommuting, job sharing, part-time work, and any other ideas you are considering to allow you more time at home with your family.
- Aetna Life Insurance
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. - (NYSE:APD) is the world's only combined gases and chemicals company.
- American Airlines
- American Express
- Allergan - Allergan, Inc. headquartered in Irvine, California, is a technology-driven, global health care company providing eye care and specialty pharmaceutical products worldwide.
- Allstate Insurance
- Apple Computer
- Art & Logic
- Arthur Andersen Consulting
- Baxter Healthcare
- Bell South
- Beneficial Corporation
- Berlitz Translation Services - Your single source for effective live and self-study language instruction, cross-cultural training, and lessons designed specifically for children.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Maryland
- CFW Communications
- Cincinnati Bell
- CISCO Systems, Inc. - Their mission: Shape the future of the Internet by creating unprecedented value and opportunity for our customers, employees, investors, and ecosystem partners.
- Creative Freelance - Freelancers can list their backgrounds for free listings at this site. The Classified Ads / Help Wanted section posts both freelance and full-time jobs; it is open to all employers. The Talent Search area provides targeted viewing of resumes and skills.
- Creative Labs
- Dell Computer
- Digital Equipment Corporation
- Digital News
- Ernest & Young, L.L.P. - Ernst & Young, one of the world's leading professional services organizations, helps companies across the globe to identify and capitalize on business opportunities.
- Eastman Kodak Company
- Edify Corp.
- Electronics for Imaging, Inc. - Electronics For Imaging is a leading edge, high-technology company, engineering, developing and selling "controller," "server," or "Raster Image Processor" ("RIP") technology to connect high bandwidth devices such as copiers, printers, and digital presses to networks.
- En Pointe Technologies - En Pointe Technologies, Inc. is a dynamic publicly traded e-procurement innovator supplying products and services to large enterprise companies, including Fortune 500, educational institutions, and government agencies throughout the nation.
- Equitable Life Assurance
- Fannie Mae
- Fusion Staffing Services
- Gannett - Gannett Co., Inc. is a large diversified news and information company.
- General Electic Nuclear Energy
- Hello Direct, Inc.
- Insignia Solutions, Inc.
- Intellicorp, Inc.
- Intracorp - Since 1970 we have developed and delivered high-impact health and productivity solutions for employers, third-party administrators, carriers and managed care organizations. Today we're still balancing cost savings with optimal medical outcomes and participant satisfaction-delivering value to customers, and to their employees and plan participants, by ensuring the right care in the right place at the right time.
- John Hancock Insurance
- LAM Research Corp. - is a leading supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the world's semiconductor industry. In particular, Lam is a technical leader in etch products and expects similar acceptance for its Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP) product and applications. The Company also offers next generation solutions for CMP cleaning.
- Lanier Business Products
- LINK Resources Corporation - Link Resources plays a unique role in assisting clients develop and execute plans to transition their organizations and facilities.
- Macromedia Inc.
- Maxtor Corp.
- McGraw Hill
- Molecular Devices Corp.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners
- NEC Electronics, Inc.
- Netscape Communications Corp.
- Nortel (Northern Telecom)
- Oacis Healthcare Systems
- Octel Communications Corp.
- Oracle Corp.
- Pacific Bell
- PC Week
- Peoplesoft, Inc.
- Philips C&P Division
- Quantum Corp.
- Raytheon Systems
- Remedy Corp.
- Sears, Roebuck & Co.
- Siemens Business Communication Systems, Inc.
- Sun Microsystems
- Symantec Corp. - Symantec, a world leader in Internet security technology, provides a broad range of content and network security solutions to individuals and enterprises.
- Texas Instruments
- UMI/Data Courier - For 61 years, Bell & Howell Information and Learning has served as a global leader in collecting, organizing and distributing value-added information to researchers, faculty, and students in libraries, government, universities, and schools in over 160 countries.
- United Press International
- Verifone, Inc. - For two decades, VeriFone systems and solutions have delivered the speed, convenience and security of electronic payment to millions of businesses worldwide-serving merchants in stores and merchants on the Internet.
- Xyratex - a network infrastructure technology leader in developing OEM solutions for the high-speed networking, digital broadcasting and data storage marketplaces.