Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site
Amber's Pregnancy Journal

Weeks 37 & 38
~ We're about to have a BABY!!

Hey everyone!

I can't believe this is my last "Pregnancy Entry." I'm both excited and sad!! We've been so busy the past few weeks with birthdays and of course July 4th. I was in the hospital over a week ago, which is another reason I had gotten behind!

So here's the "hospital story." I had been doing some heavy cleaning and decided not only to clean every cabinet and drawer inside and out I decided to clean the kids closets. When I finished I didn't feel very well, so I took a bath. I noticed what looked to be a pimple or mosquito bite on my chest! When I got done with my bath I laid down, only to feel worse. I decided to check my blood pressure, it was 160/114! I started to get a little worried, but panicked when I realized the small spot on my chest had doubled in size and had a red ring around it! I doctored it up with Neosporin, and within minutes found myself contracting and vomiting.

By 1:30 AM I decided to go to the hospital. At that time of night we had to take both Isaac and Hallie. Isaac embarrassed me while the nurse was asking me the typical questions they ask when you are being admitted to the hospital. The one in particular was, "Are you allergic to anything?" Of course I answer back with "penicillin" and Isaac throws in "cooking." I think the nurse laughed for 5 minutes! She asked why he said that, and he says, "Well she don't ever cook!" After my questions were finished, she hooked me up to the monitors. I was having contractions every 3-5-10 minutes, but their biggest concern was my high blood pressure and my fever. She ordered blood work and a urine test and determined I didn't have pre-eclampsia.

After several hours of monitoring me, they sent me home once my blood pressure went down. By the way the night I went to the hospital was the "Full Moon" So the contractions were "false labor" brought on by the full moon. Who knows! I ended up going to the doctor the next day, and I learned that the biggest reason I felt so horrible was because the spot on my chest was a spider bite. Luckily we caught it before it go too bad and the doctor treated it with antibiotics. All of that took place during week 37.

For week 38, it was a lot better! We had a really good firework show, and both of the kids really enjoyed it. We also celebrated my mom's birthday. At my last doctor visit I learned that I've lost a total of 3 pounds and my blood pressure is still staying elevated! He increased my blood pressure pill to 4 times a day. I'm also being induced Monday July 12!! So my next entry will be a birth story.

Well guys I have so much left to do before he arrives so I will see you next week with a "Birth Story."

God bless,

Copyright © 2010 Amber. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet

Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.

country Graphics by Camille