Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site

Barbara's Pregnancy Journal

Week 34
~ Trying to Take it Easy

Hello Everyone,

I hope you all are enjoying your summer. I have been trying really hard not to do too much. It is a hard thing to do considering there is so much to do, but I keep on having contractions. That is how this week actually started. I was doing a lot of walking, but not more than what I have done in the past. Then when we were at Wal-Mart I started to have very regular contractions. I was contracting about every minute and a half to two minutes apart. They were intense and after continuously having them for a little while I was really getting worn out. I had to sit down. When I did they continued. I knew I wasn't in labor, only because I've done this a few times before. If this would of been my first baby I think we would have went to the hospital. However, I definitely felt like something was happening in my body. I went home and tried to relax. My contractions eased some when I sat down and stayed still, but they still continued. They just weren't as intense and got a little further apart. As soon as I would walk again or even stand they would get more intense again and follow the same pattern. I was finally able to relax and get my kids to bed. My husband helped out as much as he could. I still had contractions through the rest of the night, but they were nothing I couldn't sleep through.

I had a doctor appointment this week too. I figured it would probably be a good idea to have my doctor check me and tell him about what happened on Saturday. My husband came with me to this appointment. Stephanie watched my little ones. When my doctor did his exam he said that I was dilated to a one and a half and 50% effaced. Then he told me that I was to do nothing that might put me into labor and I needed to take it easy for two weeks. I told him that we had plans to go on a short trip across the state for a few days, but we were only going to be gone for a little while. It was a three day trip. A little short, but we had it planned for awhile. My doctor said that he was kind of letting me go because he trusts me, but I wasn't allowed to do to much or push myself to hard.

I know I need to get everything ready for this little angel. My sister is throwing me a baby shower on Thursday, July 24. That will be exciting. I would of had it earlier, but I didn't want my oldest daughter to miss it when she is on her missions trip. That is something else that is coming up fast. It seems like each week goes by faster than the one before. I feel like I'm running out of time to get everything done. I started doing little nesting things last week. At this point, I'm not ready to bring our beautiful baby girl home. So, I'm starting to make a little note of what I absolutely need to do before Alainnah is born. Some things are going to have to wait, like getting my van ready for the new baby will have to wait until after our trip. I still need to purchase a cradle or bassinet. I also need to finish her blanket I have been working on. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I decided the blanket I was making was too thick for a newborn so I am going to save it and give it to her for Christmas. So, now I need to make another one and finish the first one. We did exchange the stroller that my parents bought. My parents bought a really nice stroller. It was just a little boyish. I have been looking for a more girly one or at least one that is more neutral. We found one that is green and pink. It is very cute and it will be shipped to us in seven to nine days. I am so glad that it will be here soon.

My son Jacob asked if he could be in the delivery room. I was a little surprised. He said that he wanted to be there when his sister was born. Originally I planned on my girls being in the room. Although I don't know if Stephanie will be able to be here or not. I already told her that there is a possibility the baby could be born when she is gone. Anyhow, I told him that I would talk to his dad. Jacob said okay and then the next day he asked me if I had talked to his dad yet. I told him no, and that I would get back to him. I did have him watch a delivery on television and explained what happens during childbirth. He still wants to be in there. I don't know. I talked to my husband though, and we decided we would let him watch the delivery.

That is about it for this week. I will keep you all posted. Have a terrific day!

~ Barbara

Copyright © 2008 Barbara. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet

Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.

Amreta's Graphic Corner