Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site

Brittany's Pregnancy Journal

Week 12
~ Bring on the Second Trimester

I wish I could sit here and tell you how amazing and wonderful I feel this week. How all my morning sickness is gone and I am going to begin enjoying this pregnancy but I can't. I think this week started out worse then any before. I was taking my Zofran on time, trying to eat frequent small meals, and for the most part it was working. But Ben's work schedule for this week was horrible and he was working 5pm-1am all week. I am not all that comfortable being here with just his parents and having to rely on them for the things I'd usually ask him for so I would eat my dinner at 4pm with him and then I would go in the bedroom for the rest of the night and sure enough a few hours in to him working I would be in the bathroom every 15-30 minutes throwing up mostly bile since I had not really eaten.

Finally he had a break from work, having Tuesday-Thursday off. We took this opportunity to buy a mini fridge for the bedroom so at least I'd have my yogurt and water at my own reach. I guess I should tell you that his mother is very smothering and overbearing. If I was out in the living room watching TV with her and Dad and I were to get up and go to the bathroom, I would be asked "Where are you going? Can I help?" God forbid I make the slightest noise while I am out of the room "What was that? Are you okay? Can I do anything", I had like dropped a book. So it's the same thing if I were to go into the kitchen and it just makes me very uncomfortable. I don't wanna be asked a million questions every time I sneeze, it makes me feel like I am doing something wrong so the easiest way to avoid the situations was to buy the mini fridge. We also decided to go down to Wildwood on Wednesday so Ben and I had to buy new bathing suits. We came home and cleaned up the room so we could put the fridge in and then spent the rest of the night relaxing.

We woke up around 10 on Wednesday but were sorta slow moving so we didn't get down the shore until 2. We were using my phone as the GPS but it wound up dying twenty minutes before we would have gotten there so it took us a good 45 minutes to get a place to park close to the boardwalk. We spent the rest of the day walking around, well technically I was being pushed in the wheelchair, and laying on the beach; it was really nice. We went into the Hot Spot for dinner and it decided to downpour so we got to run down the boardwalk, into Laura's Fudge and back to the car in the pouring rain. But it was totally worth it.

I guess that's all I really have to report this week. I am hoping week 13 brings a bit more relief; I would really like to start enjoying this pregnancy.

Until next week

Copyright © 2011 Brittany. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet

Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.

Original Country Clipart by Lisa