Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site

Brittany's Pregnancy Journal

Week 8
~ Finally Some Relief . . . Eventually

So at last week's appointment I was given a pill that I was supposed to take four times a day-- half hour before each meal and then before bed. I took these pills for two days and was literally bed ridden. I was nauseous and dizzy but I couldn't throw up so there was no relief from how I was feeling. Finally I had enough and for the next two days, to get through my Pop's funeral and the family gathering on Saturday, I was trying to eat every two hours and it worked to get me past the weekend.

Starting Sunday morning my head was back in the toilet every 20 minutes. I couldn't hold anything down. I went to Ben's parents but couldn't eat and was running back and forth to the bathroom the whole time we were there. I got home and continued to be sick the rest of the night. I woke up Monday and was sick all day too. Finally Tuesday when Ben got home from work, I decided to call the doctor and get a new pill or something. I took a shower while he called for me and they called me back around 6. The doctor prescribed me Zofran. I had to wait an hour for it to be filled at CVS across the street. Well, Ben plays WoW (World of Warcraft) and they raid at 7 so he didn't go get my pills until around 10. Thank God for the 24 hour pharmacy. I was kinda hurt or emotional about the fact that he played instead of going to the store. I felt neglected and unimportant. But by 10 I got the Zofran and took it right away. As soon as it dissolved on my tongue I felt 100x better. I ate for the first time in two days and didn't get that "sitting in my stomach" feeling. I was ecstatic!

I woke up this morning not even feeling that nauseous but I let the pill dissolve while I went pee and I was set for the day. I had a full breakfast and we just lazed around for awhile. Around noon I was on the phone with my best friend and suddenly remembered I had to get blood work done at 2 so we hurried and got ready and drove the twenty minutes to Quest. I got 4 vials of blood drawn and then I had to do what they call a "clean specimen collection" or something. If you know what I am talking about it's weird, but for those who don't, they give you a sealed cup and a wet nap and send you into the bathroom where there are instructions on the door about what to do. You clean yourself with the wet nap then hold your lips apart and try to pee in a cup without it hitting your skin! What the hell! I hope I don't have to do that one again--haha.

After all that we went to Target and I got to spend the money my mom gave me while she was down. I got my first pair of maternity jeans with the belly band! They are awesome. I also bought a few shirts and leggings and sweat shorts. All things that would grow with me. It was about 5 when we got home. It had been 8 hours since my last pill and I was starting to feel a bit yucky. As soon as I put it in my month though, the feeling went away. It's truly the most amazing thing ever!

I won't have my next appointment until July 5th so the next few weeks are going to be kinda a lot of the same but stay with me!

Until next week xo,

Copyright © 2011 Brittany. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet

Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.

Original Country Clipart by Lisa