Week 40 ~ July 24, 2007
~ Getting ready to induce
Well another week has gone by without our little girl. I guess she is just too comfortable to come out. I went to the doctor today for my week 41 check and the doctor basically said she has to come out this week. Our choices were induction, which is riskier since it's a VBAC, or a scheduled c-section. I have to admit when he went through all the risks with the induction, it was a little worrisome but I still opted for the induction and to try for the VBAC rather than the c-section. I know that there is still a good chance I'll end up with a c-section if there are even the smallest complications, but I feel that I really need to at least try for a VBAC. Hopefully none of the scary scenarios like uterine rupture will occur. I feel pretty good about my decision, I feel like I listened to my instinct. I'm still holding out a little bit of hope that she'll decide to come on her own, today is Tuesday and our induction is scheduled for 5am Thursday, so she still has a little bit of time.
Right now we're just enjoying our time off before the big day, I'm officially done with work, and getting a little bored at home but I know that will all change soon. My husband's birthday is tomorrow so we are going out to celebrate his birthday tonight with friends and family. Maybe our girl will surprise us and show up on his birthday like we were hoping.
I'm not too uncomfortable at this point; I'm not experiencing any contractions, just brief moments of intense pressure, especially when she moves around a lot. I'm sleeping relatively well and the only thing that really bothers me is still having to get up to go the bathroom so often. But, it's almost over, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I can't wait to see our baby!