Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site
Emily's Pregnancy Journal

~ Meet Emily

Emily's familyHi! My name is Emily and I am 28 years old. I have been married to my husband Jeremy (31) for 7 years. We have two adorable children, Isabelle who just turned 3, and Michael who is 15 months old. I cannot imagine our life without them. We also have another precious little one due the beginning of December. We were not really trying to have another, although we have always wanted a large family. It is always very exciting to find out we are expecting, whether it be our first or our third.

I was born in Southwest Idaho and have lived here ever since. My husband's family is from the Los Angeles area, and moved here when he was about 13 years old. We both absolutely love it here. The mountains are very beautiful and a great place to go hiking and camping, which we enjoy doing. My husband and I were together almost three years before we married. He truly is my one and only!

A year or so before we married, I started going to school to become an electrician. I know, not the typical work for a woman, but the opening presented itself so I thought I would at least give it a try. It was four years of school in the evenings while working normal hours. There was a required 8,000 hours of on-the-job training, so due to the fact that construction work is not consistent in the slightest (always some slow times), it took more like five years to get my hours in. I found out I was pregnant with Isabelle, which was a bit of a surprise, about two weeks before completing my hours. Luckily, I was able to finish up my hours and decided to quit working after that, since being an electrician is not exactly the safest job while being pregnant. I went ahead and studied like crazy, since I was still at home, and a couple of months later I took and passed my Journeyman License Exam. (YAY!!) Without a doubt the hardest test I have ever taken. I have been a stay-at-home mom ever since. I feel very blessed to be able to stay home with my children. That doesn't mean times have not been hard here and there, but worth every bit of it. My husband works in construction doing mostly siding with his Dad. He really enjoys it. Unfortunately not the best job during these times, but we will sit tight for now and see what God has in store for us.

Isabelle is our little firecracker. She is such a sweetie though, and loves to be a 'little momma.' She does her best to make sure Michael is minding. It is very funny. My pregnancy with Isabelle was overall good. However, I did have the worst morning/all day sickness with her. I did a lot of throwing up. The birth was good, but VERY fast. I'm certainly not complaining, but being that she was my first baby and not knowing exactly what to expect, it was definitely hard. Labor lasted 6 hours and the worst of that was in the car trying to get to the birthing center. I was sure we were going to go in and they were going to say something like, "I'm sorry, but you are only dilated to a 2." Thank goodness, that was not the case. I was fully dilated and they told me it was time to start pushing. These were some of the best words I have ever heard in my life. Unfortunately it took 1 1/2 hours to push her out. That was not a great time either. But, she was born healthy and beautiful, which is what really matters.

Michael is much more quiet, although, he is starting to get a little bit of an attitude. I'm sure some of that has come from standing up to his sister. He is definitely momma's little boy. There are times where no one else will do, and that is very special to me. My pregnancy with Michael was not near as much throwing up, just a few months of nausea. Labor with Michael was quite a bit different than with Isabelle. I kind of expected some similarities, but that was not to be. Labor lasted about 17 hours start to finish. I figured once things got started, labor would take off like a speeding bullet, as did my doctor. I was paranoid we wouldn't make it in time, ha ha. Instead labor started in the evening around 6:30 and kept up at 5-10 minutes apart until the next morning at about 9:00 when I decided to call my doctor. She said to come in and she would break my water, as it seemed things had kind of stalled out. So in we went, and I was already dilated to a 5. She broke my water at 10:15 a.m. and he was born at 12:17 p.m. The pushing time was only 15 minutes this time. That was exciting. He was born with the cord around his neck, and a little too blue for our liking, but thank the Lord, he pinked up very quickly. He was so handsome.

So now that brings us to our new precious little bundle of joy. I am amazed at how quickly the pregnancy has gone by already. I guess when you have two other little ones to run after, that helps a bit. We are very excited just the same. It is nice to find out your pregnant and due in the same year. There is just something about the new year coming and going, and still being pregnant, that is a little discouraging. I know it is all in my head, but it is still nice to think, "Just till December." I am looking forward to sharing this exciting journey with you. Thank you for taking the time to read my journal.

~ Emily

Copyright © 2009 Emily. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet

Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.

Country Graphics by Camille