Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site
Heather's Pregnancy Journal
Week 29
Seriously Baby, Mommy's Bladder is NOT a Trampoline!

Anybody else get kicked, jabbed, or leaned on right in the bladder pretty much 24/7? On the plus side, I'm getting my exercise running up and down the stairs to the bathroom.

This week was like many other weeks leading up to a long weekend - just watching the clock, waiting. That's right folks, this weekend is Civic Holiday here in most parts of Canada. And I managed an extended break!

Tuesday: A trip to the OB - everything checks out normal so far, and I've got four more ultrasounds lined up. Gotta' make sure the baby's head doesn't get too big for the final exit attempt.

Then on Tuesday, just before I was about to take Ozy the kitten to the vet I checked my phone for messages and I learned that Matthew had thrown at toy at one of the kids at daycare, hitting him in the eye. I hate that. I know that when I get him, he'll run to me all smiles and giggles and I'll have to put on my "disappointed mother face" and it really spoils the moment. So I picked up the kid and we went home. Then I got a phone call from my Mother-in-Law! They said they were headed to Niagara Falls on Thursday morning with the brother-in-law and his family, and staying there 'til Friday and they wanted to take Matthew with them. Logistically it all worked out better if we dropped Matthew off at their place on Wednesday night. So we got two nights and two mornings Matthew-free! That's two mornings I didn't have to try to chase the kid around the house while coming out the Diclectin coma! I actually felt a bit relaxed!

. . .

Ozy checked out fine too if you're interested. We also learned that as soon as the bank account allows, we can get him fixed. Yay! Nothing's worse than an aggressive, stinky boy cat.

. . .

But back to my week. Matthew had a fantastic time at the Falls. He got to go on the Maid of the Mist, he got to see some whales at Marine Land, and he keeps telling me there were some rides he went on that he really didn't like.

On Saturday there was a dinner party for a friend's birthday down in Toronto. I took Matthew as Mike had to work. Matthew had a great time and was pretty much the primary entertainment of the evening.

Which brings us to Sunday - Sunday Mike had to work again - on site. So it was me and the kid. The kid who didn't nap. Meaning I didn't nap either. I am taking full advantage of any nap time I get these days. I've got two full months and a couple of weeks to rest up for the big arrival and I've got work and appointments in there, so I'll take whatever I can get!

Looking forward to holiday Monday! The adventures will continue!

'Til next week!
~ Heather

Copyright © 2011 Heather. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet

Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.

Amreta's Graphic Corner