Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site
Kelly's Parenting Journal

Entry 14 ~ Decmeber 1, 2010
~ Things Are Improving!

Well hello again!

Things are improving a little bit I guess. Daycare sent me a letter saying they could no longer keep the baby past six on Mondays and Fridays, and my boss is okay with that. So this is good. Also I got the baby's appointment scheduled; it is for January 3rd at John Hopkins. This will work out well. I am taking off December 29, 30, 31, then off the 1 and 2, and took off the 3rd and 4th. This will be a nice break plus I have off next week for vacation so that will be great also. He had his appointments with the doctors and all went really well. The neurosurgeon said we need to schedule him for an MRI to make sure all is good but then right after he has to see neurologist again. This is because the MRI is magnetic and so it will screw with the shunt in his head so they will have to use a magnet to readjust it. He also has to be put to sleep for this so I will have to take the day off.

I got an appointment with another doctor and he gave me script to have an ultrasound. Then a week later I was in so much pain I couldn't stand up so I went to the ER. They did a CT scan and it showed a mass on either side of my uterus. So then I had my ultrasound but she didn't see anything. The doctor said to schedule an appointment for next year. What am I supposed to do for a year? Sit in pain? I can't do this so I don't know what I am going to do.

Lil J is doing really well. He still has this lingering ear infection that won't go away but I don't know what to do about it. They keep giving him drops but they don't do anything. He is getting to be one stubborn boy. He wants to do what he wants when he wants or else he will scream bloody murder. Other than that he's good. Always smiling and crawling around.

We went shopping with my mom and sister and the baby was fun. They thought LIL J was funny. We were walking through the mall, and he was sitting in his stroller talking, well babbling, and then all of a sudden it got quiet. He just fell asleep on the spot. When we are not at home, he doesn't want to nap. He is afraid he will miss something.

Two weeks later my sister came in from Delaware and I went back in to my parents to visit so she could see the baby. It was a good weekend except my sister Mary and Dawn don't get along. Mary came in so her kids could see Dawn's kids and my sister Dawn hid in the bathroom the whole time they were there. How childish. But when Mary, my mom, and me went shopping, I saw a box for mementos for the baby but I didn't have the money for it. It was 75 dollars, and my sister bought it for me and gave it to me the weekend we were with my other sister.

So anyway all has been well. Jeremy got another store; he is a manager again so now we are finally back on track with our finances. It was really bad for a while; I had to borrow from my sister because our gas got shut off but I have paid her back and all is good again. Now it won't be a great Christmas as far as gifts go but we are at least getting back on track so it should be ok. We are part of Mended Little Hearts and they are sending Jeremy's story to national for an entry for superhero. It is for children with congenital heart defects.

That's it for now. Take care and God Bless.

Copyright © 2010 Kelly M. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet

Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.

Amreta's Graphic Corner