Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site
Kristen's Parenting Journal

Entry 15 ~ April 10, 2011
~ Proud Parents of Two Babies

Baby SydneyWell, this past weekend was one of many things. First and foremost, we welcomed our new little baby, Sydney Ellen Evans into the world. She is a beautiful little angel and I am so glad to finally get to meet her.

We took a long walk at 37 weeks pregnant on a Friday night and contractions started around 6 pm. We timed them for about three hours and when they were coming every 4-5 minutes and lasting for about a minute, we packed our bags and headed to our hospital.

On the way to the hospital, we got stopped in a road block and when the officer looked in the car at my big belly midcontraction he said "Holy Moley!"

We got to the hospital where I was hooked up to monitor contractions and had some right away. My doctor was called and the fun began! After several hours, we pushed for a while and out came Sydney into our world. Sophie got to spend two nights at home with her Grammy, Pappaw, Aunt Kimmie and cousin Beth and she was tickled pink by all that attention, just for her.

We were able to go home the next day after resting for a whole day and my family welcome us home to a clean house that was left in shambles when we departed for the hospital. That was so nice to come home to, not to mention my mom, dad, niece and sister.

The doctor that checked Sydney out told us to make sure and take her in the our pediatrician's office the next day so they could check her bilirubin levels and thank goodness we did. Her level was high at 19. My doctor said that had we not, her levels could have rapidly increased and had they gotten up to 30, it could have caused brain damage. So I stress to you parents to make sure and do the follow up appointment that the dr suggests, no matter how bad the weather is and how comfortable you are being at home with your newborn.

We got re-admitted to the hospital that evening and once again, Mommy and baby were in there for two days, with Sydney under the UV lights and mommy there as food on demand. Luckily, breast feeding has come so easily with this little girl, as her sister would not take to the breast and we ended up pumping for 4 months until we were both just over it.

The second night that we were there I decided that I needed to call my doctor. I had a splitting headache that had not gone away since my daughter was born and it was so bad that I could not get any relief in any way from it. My doctor told me that I had a spinal headache, caused by the epidural I had had four days before and the only way to get rid of it was to have a blood patch performed. For those of you who have no clue what that is, I didn't, they basically did ANOTHER epidural and injected blood from my arm back into my spine. I cannot describe how uncomfortable two epidurals in four days was. What I can attest to is the immediate relief that came from that procedure. As soon as I lifted my head up, I felt better. Craziest week I have had in quite some time!

I want to say thank you to my mother, who spent the first week of my daughter's life with us and who, I am not sure what we would have done without. She kept Sophie here that second night, so Kyle could stay with me after the procedure and was such a help to us all. Thank you Mom, from your baby!

Until next time, take care . . .

Copyright © 2011 Kristen E. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet

Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.

Background graphics by Original Country Clipart by Lisa