Well, I had yet another weekly doctor's appointment today. I'm starting to think they are going to be never ending! Today I was a dilated 2 cm and was 50% effaced. Actually, he said he'd be generous and call me a 2. As long as it's progress, I'm ok with it. He would like me to pick a date for induction, but I'm still holding out. I'm not due until Monday, so I'm not over due yet. I really want to go into labor on my own. I did agree that if I make it to next Thursday, which would put me at 40 weeks, 3 days, we can pick a date. I really hope it doesn't come to that.
On the homefront, everything is good. We have baby laundry done and everything is ready to go. We semi have a plan in place in for the boys if I go into labor in the middle of the night. I can't imagine I won't have warning, however. With both of my other pregnancies, I had contractions for quite awhile before they were close enough or strong enough to head to the hospital. We have several people willing to take them, but I think we will just call my mom. She will be at the hospital before I deliver, and she can just bring them with her. That's the plan for now anyway. Hopefully everything goes according to plan. We will see!
So, I'm just waiting and reminding myself that every day is one day closer to meeting this little one. He can't stay in there forever!