Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site

Laura's Pregnancy Journal

Weeks 27-29
~ So Sleepy

Well given the fact that I can't seem to stay awake at night, I've been a bit of a slacker on my journal. I am so sorry. Nighttime is when I get on the computer and I get the kids put down to bed, I sit for five minutes and I'm out like a light! So, I'm going to give you an update for the past few weeks on one fell swoop.

Week 27 - I went in to have my three-hour glucose test done. I went first thing in the morning since I did have to fast for this test. I dropped off my little guy at my mom's and headed over to the lab and arrived right at about 9am. Once inside, I was told I would have to have an appointment to have the test done and that they only do those first thing in the morning at 7:30 am. I was quite baffled because I had called prior to going in to find out if I had to have an appointment and was told that they did not do these types of tests by appointment, but only as a walk-in basis. Needless to say, I was not happy and let them know that fact. I told them that I had called prior and what information I was given and also advised them that there was NO WAY I could come in at 7:30 in the morning. They still refused to do my test. I was livid!!! I went out to my car and started to make some phone calls. I ended up getting to speak to the head honcho of the lab and explained my situation. The head person then informed me that the lab had their information wrong and these tests were ONLY done on a walk-in basis. She said she'd call right then to get it taken care of and I could go back in to have my test done. By the time I got back inside, it was straightened around and I was able to have the blood draws. I guess you just shouldn't mess with a hungry pregnant woman!!!

I didn't have any issues getting the blood drawn. I actually got a great tech that was able to find my vein each time on the first try, which is unusual for me. I don't have the most cooperative veins. So I was quite happy that I didn't turn into a human pin-cushion. I was done about 12:15 pm and headed to get some much needed lunch. I should get the results at my doctor's appointment next week.

Week 28 - I went in to have my bi-weekly prenatal appointment. I was hoping my doc would have the results of my glucose test from the following week and she did. I passed! I was quite happy about that and glad that it was one more hurdle to be done with. She did all the routine things at my appointment and baby is still measuring perfectly and has a nice strong heartbeat. I don't think I ever tire of hearing my little guy's heartbeat. Since this is the last baby for us, I am really trying to savor the sound. So, overall, the appointment went great and I go back again in two weeks.

During last week, we got hit with some pretty heavy rain, which resulted in quite a bit of snow up north. Here in Arizona, we don't tend to get a lot of rain or even snow, at least not this much. So this weekend we are going to take the kids up to play in the snow and have some fun. Dylan and Kaylee have been before, but Ethan never has, so it should be fun. I'm anxious to see how he reacts to it. We plan on staying overnight and taking them sledding. Should be a blast. I'll update next week with some pictures as well.

Ethan in the snowWeek 29 proved to be relatively uneventful. The baby has been moving like crazy lately and you can definitely now see if from the outside. Sometimes I think he doing jumping jacks in there!

We did end up taking the kids up to the snow to play. They had a great time! Ethan was a little unsure at first what all of the white stuff was, but then he was curious. It was fun to watch the adventure through his little eyes. My mom went with us, so she kind of took charge of Dylan and Kaylee while my husband took over Ethan. I couldn't sled, so I watched my kids have fun and took lots of pictures. We had a great time and it made some wonderful memories. It will probably be the only time we go this year as my due date is fast approaching.

I did experience some swelling when we got back and I'm not sure if it was because the change in altitude or just because I overdid it. I've been trying to drink some more fluids and keep my feet up to help flush it out. I hate having cankles and was hoping to avoid them during this pregnancy. We shall see.

Baby is doing wonderfully, but boy can I tell he's growing. My belly feels so much bigger and heavier and I know it's only going to get bigger from here on out. I'll take it though. I love being pregnant and feeling my baby move . . . so it's all worth it.

Dylan and KayleeNext week I head back to the doctor. We'll be discussing my tubal at this appointment, which makes me sad. I know the time has come to quit having babies, but on the same token it's hard to swallow that that chapter of my life will be closing. I'm really hoping I can come to terms with it all by the time I deliver this baby. I just want to have peace with it and know I made the right decision.

Hard to believe, but this baby will probably be here in about eight weeks and I feel like there is still so much to do. I moved Dylan's bedroom around so that I can get Ethan's crib in there. The crib will be moved next weekend and then I can get the baby's (Ethan's old room) settled and get his crib set up. I plan on having Dylan and Ethan share until the baby is sleeping through the night and then have the baby and Ethan share from there on out. Hopefully it all goes well.

Other than that, things are just moving along and much faster than I would like. I was hoping things would slow down a bit for these last few weeks so I could really enjoy the end of this pregnancy. But alas, three kids, a house, a husband and all the other miscellaneous things I have to do, it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Oh well, I guess I just have to roll with it.

Until next time . . .

Week 30 | Week 26
Laura's Home Page
Pregnancy Guide Online, Week 29

Copyright © 2010 Laura Z.. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet

Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.

Amreta's Graphic Corner