Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site
Natalie's Pregnancy After Loss Journal

Week Fourteen
~ Angel Visits

Wow! I've completely lost track of time! I've gotten a bit behind on my journal!

Things are going pretty good here at week 14. Or if you want to go by the traditional 9 months, end of month #3! I look absolutely pregnant! Not a little pooch, but more like someone who is five months along. I guess I just have nowhere for this baby to go (although he/she is still so small). I am definitely a medical wonder when it comes to 'showing'.

My tiredness has subsided this week. Hurray! I'm beginning to feel a bit normal (and large). Last night I got a bit nauseated though. I was fine until I went to bed, and then I thought I was going to lose it! I know if I had gotten anywhere near the toilet I would have thrown up (funny how the toilet has that pull for a lot of people). Instead I lay in bed breathing very deliberately so that I wouldn't get sick. It lasted about 10 minutes, but it was a record for my nausea so far.

Oh! Just a bit of news. Chaynee slept in her 'big girl bed' last night! She was so excited and loved it! I was a bit worried that we might have trouble, but none whatsoever. She slept fine! My big worry was the transition. You see, I moved her into another room. But, she's been playing in there, and the bed has been in there for quite some time. I'm just so proud of her!!

One more story. One I can't believe I haven't told before . . . To get pregnant this last time, I was relying on Ovulation Predictor Kits. (My sleep pattern was too erratic with Chaynee to chart my temps.) Anyway, every time I would get a double line, you know the one that says you're about to ovulate, I would always do another test the next day. And I would always get another positive. I don't know why, but I think it has something to do with my compulsive testing habits. So, one morning (late morning) I took the test. I went to check my e-mail while the five minutes or so went by. I got sidetracked and totally forgot about the test. By the time I remembered (hours later) there was the double line. Well, I'm too familiar with evaporation lines to have believed the result, so I just decided to wait until the following day. What the heck! I always get two days of positive! The following day I tested again, and again went to check my e-mail to pass the time . . . I know, I know . . . Well, after a few minutes, the alarm in my bedroom went off! It was 10:45 a.m. Now, this was so weird! My alarm is easy enough to turn on (Chaynee!), but to change the time is a whole different matter. (Who needs an alarm set at 10:45 a.m.?) I decided at the time that an angel must have set that clock for me so that I would check my test. And it's a good thing; look how it turned out!

Copyright © 2000 Natalie. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet
Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.