Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site


Nicole's Pregnancy Journal

Week 14 ~ May 17, 2002
~ Heartbeats A Go Go

Alright everybody, here's the big news! We heard the baby's heartbeat last Thursday. It was so exciting! I was so prepared to have to go to the hospital for an ultrasound, and we really thought that was what would happen, until all of a sudden, there it was, beating furiously.

It was so fast, the NP couldn't even count the beats per minute. It was just so wonderful to finally be able to have confirmation. Do you know what I'm saying? It's like standing on the edge of a cliff, ready to go over, only to be pulled back at the last second. Oh the adrenalin rush! Anyway, she will schedule my ultrasound at my next appointment, so sometime in June, we will hopefully get to know what sex our little one is.

I've been making a concentrated effort to introduce Gabe to all the babies that I see. I'm hoping to make the transition of him being a big brother as smooth as I can. I just am having the hardest time imagining him not being my baby. It almost makes me cry; he is growing so fast, oh the laments of motherhood. Right now we are also having to deal with him learning things so fast. Like how he's discovered that mommy and daddy are very different. He thinks the fact that I have boobs is hilarious. Now mind you, he doesn't see me naked, but he still knows that I have boobs and he tries to pinch them every chance he gets. Then he just laughs and laughs about it. Where did he learn that?!!!! I know this is probably something his dad is teaching him on the sly, but let me tell you that if I find this is true, something will be done about it. So Edwin if you are reading this, you'd better watch your back. HA HA

I hope all of you had a lovely Mother's Day. I absolutely did. We went to the lake to stay with Edwin's parents for the weekend. I made homemade bread, and we had spaghetti. We also had fried fish and all the fixin's on Saturday night and I couldn't get enough. I have been craving fish for the longest time. I just kept eating and eating. Thank goodness that the morning sickness has worn off. I just wish the tiredness would wear off soon. I am doing better, but I have been experiencing a fair bit of insomnia at night, so it is really hard to catch up on my sleep.

I drove my mother-in-law to Tyler, Texas this past Tuesday. We had to go to the university hospital there, and we were there most of the day. However, we did have a chance to go shopping at an outlet mall in Sulphur Springs, Texas. It was great to spend that time with Linda; she is one of my favorite people. I'm so lucky to have married into this family. There are so supportive. I was afraid that I would meet some resistance to staying home, but so far everyone is really happy for me. I think they know that I would probably go stark raving mad if I had to put both my kids in daycare.

Well, I think that sums it up for this week. All in all it's been a good one. I'll get back with you guys next week and let you know if I'm sleeping any better.

Til then,

Copyright © 2002 by Nicole. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet

Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.

Backgrounds from Backgrounds from Country Patch Collections