Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site
Noelle's Pregnancy Journal

Week Twenty-Eight
~ There was a woman who lived in a shoe . . .

Actually it feels more like a shoe box. I've shuffled some junk around here and the remainder (my craft stuff, etc.) has been parked on the dining room table for longer than I wanted. It seems like things get out of order faster than I can keep up. I cleaned and sorted my kitchen cupboards this week. I got in a bit of trouble for standing on chairs and bending so much but I just had to get it done.

This week, since I still take the boys with me everywhere, we had another problem. Jesse (3 1/2) decided that he wasn't going to wait with us to cross the street and ran out in front of a pickup truck. It stopped within 15 feet of him. I yelled his name, and it seemed like everyone on main street, my heart and the time, just stopped. Jesse ran back to me, and I started crying right there on the corner. It really bothered me that there wasn't anything I could have done to help him. I cried off and on for the rest of the day as his little life kept flashing by my memory. This is the second time he's done this to me. People have suggested a restraint of some kind which doesn't seem like a bad idea. I just don't know how practical it would be since he's not the only one I'm looking out for.

I called Nathan's teacher this week to ask how he was doing in school. He came home very upset that someone had eaten his snack and took it out on the rest of us. I just wanted to make sure he wasn't acting at school like he did at home. His teacher said he was crying in class and wouldn't tell her what happened (the snack thing). We're trying to make a point of asking him about his day now. We're figuring out that he's little and doesn't know how to deal with his feelings other than to misbehave. I hope we can help him somehow. I guess you're always a new parent. I've never had a 5 year-old before. Just when you think you have it all figured out, you realize that each one is an original too.

We had our antenatal appointment (it's basically to pre-register and go over information) in North Bay this week. There are a lot less things we'll have control over this time. I was glad that I was able to discuss the last delivery I'd had there though (Jesse). The nurse made a note for me in my file explaining that I would like our delivery (even though we're having twins) to be as natural as possible; we'd also like to be informed of procedures before they're done, but I am reasonable and will do what is needed to keep the babies safe. After that appointment we went to my first OB appointment with Dr. W. I didn't mind the wait but I did feel out of place. I also wasn't prepared to have to undress. Dr. W. and the intern examined me and everything is as it should be. Dr. W. also proceeded to tell us all the factors which made twin pregnancy high risk. It wasn't really uplifting. I just wished he would have added, "but everything is going great with you", to the end of his speech. I'm not looking forward to having to see him every two weeks, and I don't know that I'll see him every week at the end like he wants. It takes up a whole day; we have to get a sitter and if all is going well, I don't see the necessity. His scale says I weigh 171 lbs. That's not quite the thousand pounds I feel like I'm carrying around.

We ended the week with our second ultrasound (this pregnancy). It was nice to see our "daughters" again. They are really close in size, in two separate sacs and just the right size for twins of their gestational age. We're looking forward to seeing them "in colour".

Copyright © 2000 Noelle Armaly. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet
Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.