Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site
Risa's Pregnancy Journal

Week 37
~ CrAnKy

This last weekend was really difficult. Saturday we both slept in and went and had lunch together before Robert went to work. I was in such a bad mood, feeling really depressed. In my head I am so done being pregnant I just don't feel (some days) that I can continue. I know I don't have that long left, but it has been really difficult, I don't feel like doing anything and my poor friends haven't heard from me in ages because I am just so crabby I don't even want to talk to anyone. One thing that really gets on my nerves . . . people telling me I could go late. ARGH, I know this, but I really don't want to hear it, getting through one day at a time being positive is hard enough; don't remind me that I might not even have her until after her due date.

Sunday was better; we went to my parents cabin, had lunch and played some games. Then we went to Despicable Me that night (just the hubby and I), what a GREAT movie, I loved it, thought it was hilarious! Now I am back at work.

I think the waiting now is so much harder because we both know if she came now she would be healthy. Where as before we were both more patient because she could have still had some serious problems if she came, patience is not something either one of us have too much of so at this point we are just ready to get the show on the road! I will say as the week has gone on I have gotten a little better just knowing that I don't have that long to go and everything will be fine

We are on the weekly doctor appointments now. We got my Group B Strep results back and they are negative. This week the nurse asked me if I wanted to be checked; I said yes. I was hoping, for my sanity, there was some progress. Well I am still 1cm dilated and I measured at 37.5, which is right on track for where I am. She is still healthy and everything is progressing right on track. I was really hoping that I would be dilated more, but I guess it is what it is. Everyone keeps telling me to walk but the weather has been terrible. Robert and I go for a walk most nights when he gets home from work. Last night we went at 10:30 and it was still miserable hot/muggy! So I do walk, but it isn't like I can go home from work and go for a nice long walk; I have to wait at least until the sun is completely down, usually we go around 9pm.

After the doctor appointment we did get our tour of the birth center. I am SO glad we got that tour! It was so much different than the pictures . . . the pictures did not explain anything at all, wow, what a difference. We are both comfortable now where we will need to go when I finally do go into labor.

This weekend should be pretty busy. The little town that I grew up in is having its Festival in the Park, so I am going to try to go to that on Saturday and just walk around a little, if it's not too hot. Then on Sunday we are going to my grandparents for lunch, so with things going on the weekend should pass quickly and it will be a few more days down.


Copyright © 2010 Risa. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet

Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.

Amreta's Graphic Corner