Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site

Staci's Pregnancy Journal

Week 38
~ This Is It!

Well, this is my last posting until I write the birth story! It's been a pretty busy week. I worked until Wednesday. I really wanted to leave the office early but it was pretty crazy. I left for a doctor appointment and then came home and worked until about 11:30 that night finishing up documents and getting everything all lined up. I'm so glad that I am officially on leave now. The project I was on was really burning me out. It's nice to be looking forward to having a baby and thinking of the office little . . .

My doctor appointment went well. It was the last NST and we went through how Monday would go, what time to be there, etc. The only weird thing was that the nurse asked me to get undressed so I could be checked. When I told her that would be a waste of time as I am having a C-section on Monday she looked totally shocked. So, one last frustration with that nurse . . . ugh . . . she just doesn't read anything in the files.

I felt like I was getting a sore throat that night so I slept on the couch to try and keep Matt from catching anything. That ended up being a good thing as Henley woke up a couple times coughing and I slept through the whole thing! Henley's 4 year check was on Thursday afternoon. It went pretty well. He's grown a lot and has hit his milestones. She checked in his ears, nose and throat and thought that his cough and runny nose were probably more allergy related than an actual cold. Her recommendation was to try an antihistamine and go from there. Then he got four shots. Poor guy. He cried a little bit but was more angry than anything else. He told the nurse she was hurting his bones.

Thursday night he got up a couple times coughing. Friday morning he said he felt fine and we took him to daycare. I met a friend for breakfast and then we went to the spa and had pedicures and manicures. It was so relaxing! Until Henley's babysitter called and said that she was putting him down for his nap and he had a fever. One of the side effects of the shots is a fever though so I still don't really know if he has allergies or a cold!

I had my pre-op blood work on Friday afternoon. It went pretty quickly and then I picked Henley up. He was in a good mood. He was pretty mellow, just played quietly and watched a cartoon. He slept well too so hopefully whatever he has is passing through and won't get the rest of us!

Today we have a few errands to take care of. The house is clean, bags are packed, the co-sleeper is set up and my Mom is in the car now driving our direction. Things are looking pretty good.

Madison has been so active the last few days. I think she is getting ready! Every move she makes is visible from the outside so it's at least entertaining for Matt and Henley even though it's a bit painful for me. We are planning on taking it easy this afternoon and tomorrow and then we check in at 5:30 AM on Monday. YAY! We are all ready to meet Madison and I am especially ready to not be pregnant any more.

I'll try and get our birth story posted soon, but after Monday I won't have a lot of say in what goes on in the house - I'll be at the mercy of a little tiny dictator!

~ Staci

Copyright © 2007-08 Staci. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet

Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.

Amreta's Graphic Corner