Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site
Stacie's Pregnancy Journal

Week 38
~ Almost There!

This was a fairly productive week. I made a new name list last week and Sean and I went over it on the weekend. Then, on Monday, I found the old list. So now we have a LOT of names for boys and girls. Actually, both lists were very similar with only one or two names missing from each list. I think that's a pretty good sign. I also found the baby girl clothes. They were in our second attic, tucked away in the back. I think I can finally say that we are ready for the baby if he/she decides to come now. There will always be things to do. I mean, with two kids there is always laundry to wash and toys to pick up or cleaning to do. But if the baby decided to come we will be ready enough. I do still have to pack the hospital bag but my list is ready and if I go into labor or my water breaks it will only take a few minutes to be packed.

Most of this week was pretty mundane. I came down with a cold on Sunday but it's not too bad. I'm congested and tired but so far I'm the only one sick. We had the usual activities this week: preschool, dance class and parenting class. The kids and I spent a lot of time organizing the house. I really don't think our house has ever been this clean and organized since we moved in. All the bedrooms are clean and the closets and drawers are cleaned out and organized. Most of the laundry is done. Old clothes are packed away and in labeled boxes in the attic. Wow, it feels good!

On Monday I got a new camera. I am so excited! We finally settled on a Canon T2i DSLR camera. Best Buy had it on sale this week so I went in on Monday to pick it up so we could get used to it and have some practice time with it before the baby comes. The store closest to me didn't have the camera in stock so when I bought the "package" with an extra lens and a camera bag I got everything I could that was in stock at that store then I had to drive to another store about 25 minutes away to pick up the actual camera. I waited until evening and the kids and I picked Sean up from work and we all went out to dinner and then picked up the camera together. I have to say, I LOVE this camera. I was worried about it being too much camera. But it's easy to use and every photo, even if it's a bad photo, is a good photo. If that makes any sense. I've taken over 100 pictures so far and I haven't had one photo that was out of focus.

I had an OB appointment on Wednesday. Everything is looking good. I am dilated to 2, no big deal there. My cervix is long and thick, indicating that I am not ready for labor any time soon. My doctor gave me the okay to go my aunt's memorial service over the weekend. She just gave me strict instructions to come back immediately or to stay home if I have any signs of labor.

We had a very busy day on Friday. In the morning Hannah's preschool class had a Mother/Child tea party. My father-in-law watched Daniel and Hannah and I had some 1-on-1 time at preschool together. She was so excited and happy to have me there. It was nice for me to be able to be there without Daniel so I could focus on Hannah 100%. After a brief concert and tea party the moms received our Mother's Day gift, a ceramic plate with our child's hand print on it. It is so sweet and precious.

After preschool Hannah and I picked Daniel up and then we went home and had lunch. As soon as lunch was over I took Hannah back to my father-in-law's house so I could take Daniel for his follow-up hearing test. The hearing test went very well. The audiologist said that he is hearing great and his hearing has made a huge improvement since his last test. I'm supposed to get a call from the ENT next week to discuss the test results or make an appointment to come into the office.

On Saturday morning Sean and I took the kids to his grandmother's Alzheimers assisted living home for a Mother's Day brunch. We had a very nice brunch with Sean's mom and grandmother. We didn't stay long at the home because we had to be in Lansing in the early afternoon for my aunt's memorial service but Sean's mom and grandma enjoyed seeing the kids and spending time with them for a little bit.

The drive to Lansing was kind of crummy. It was very windy and rainy off and on. We were rushing because we left the brunch a little late. It was great to see all of my family again. The memorial service for my aunt was so nice. It was, of course, a very sad occasion but there were so many people there and everyone had good things to say about my aunt. It was just a really nice way to have some sort of peace and closure for such an unexpected and tragic event.

Sunday was Mother's Day. It was a very quiet day at our house. The kids and I went to church in the morning. After church we came home and finished our week of cleaning and organizing. Sean had football in the afternoon but then he pitched in and helped me finish the house when he got home. We didn't go anywhere or do anything special though. Hannah made me a Mother's Day card and a picture. Sean gave me a card. In all it was a pretty quiet, but productive, day.

Next week I'm just going to be playing the waiting game. On Monday we're having a cleaning service in to do a thorough scrub down of the house. Sean received a gift certificate from work for cleaning services so we're going to have a cleaning crew in before and again after the baby is born. The rest of the week is just going to spent waiting for the baby, keeping up on laundry and making sure we have groceries for when I am in the hospital and after the baby comes. I'm also hoping to get a lot of rest and get rid of this cold quickly.

Have a great week!

Copyright © 2010 Stacie. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet

Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.

Amreta's Graphic Corner