Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site

Susan Michelle's Pregnancy Journal

Week 4
~ We are FINALLY pregnant!!

Friday - The big wait

It's Friday morning and I just went to the RE's office for my beta test. I'll have to wait until 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. to get the results. It seems like an eternity until then. I was doing so well, feeling calm, until Thursday morning. I woke up thinking that my temperature had fallen (it didn't). I found out later on that the reason I was so cold was that Paul put on the air conditioner in the middle of the night because he was hot. He turned it off when he left for work early that morning. It's funny now but wasn't so funny then. What's wrong with me? I was nervous about waking up and feeling so cold but my temperature was fine and I figured out why I was so cold. Then it hit me, during the 2WW there's always this wonderful possibility that you are PG but this afternoon I will either be PG or not be PG. It's final.

I knew that I would be bouncing off of the walls so the kids and I made up a list of errands that we had to do. I gave my RE's office my cell phone number so that they could reach me no matter what. I didn't want to miss their call and have to wait until Monday. That would kill me. The kids were feeding off of my nervous energy and they were bouncing off of the walls. I tried to calm down (as much as possible) and we could start our errands. We finished everything and arrived back at home around 1:30 p.m. Any other day I would have been so happy that we finished our errands so quickly but not today. Finishing our errands early and being home at 1:30 p.m. meant that I had 2-3 more hours of waiting. The kids and I had some lunch and then I put them down for a nap. They really needed one. Morgan woke up at 3:30 p.m. She came downstairs and we just cuddled and talked for awhile. She is so precious. She will be going back to preschool next week and is so excited and that's all she is talking about right now. Shane woke up at 4:00 p.m. I got both of them a drink and I kept watching the clock. The phone rang at 4:25 p.m. I jumped on it not thinking that it was our main number, not my cell phone. It was my Mom calling to see if I heard anything from the RE's office yet. I'm really close with my parents and we talk about pretty much everything (especially Mom and me). We weren't even talking for 3 minutes and my cell rang, it was the RE's office. My Mom was hysterical! She started saying, "OMG, it's your cell, it's your cell...". "Are you going to pick it up..."? I stopped her, told her to calm down. I had to hang up with her now and I'd call as soon as I knew anything.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and answered my cell. June was on the other end and said, "Hi, it's June from RSI. You had a great cycle this month and that huge follie and your husband's sample must have done the trick... you're pregnant". I about fell over and asked her to repeat herself just to make sure that I was hearing her right. She laughed repeated herself and then gave me all of the numbers. Honestly, I didn't even hear the numbers. I just asked her if the numbers were good. She said they were great! I was in shock! OMG I'm pregnant. I kept repeating it to myself but it just didn't seem real. I was afraid that I was going to wake up and it was going to be another pregnancy dream.

Paul was at work and I couldn't reach him on his cell so, per his instructions, I called the station. I spoke with one of the ladies at the station. I told her who I was and asked that Paul call me back. I said, "It's important but it's not an emergency." Paul called me back within two minutes. I was so excited and said "Hi Daddy". There was silence and then he said, "Great, I'll have to call you back." His voice wasn't warm at all. What was going on? Why wasn't he excited? What am I missing here? About 15 minutes later he called me back. Apparently, my message was switched from "it's important but not an emergency" to "it's an emergency, call her back immediately." He received the message right after a prisoner was fighting with him (trying to escape from the police station). Paul just got everything under control and called because he thought something horrible must have happened because I rarely call and when I do I never leave a message like that. He was upset with me at first also but then we talked and figured out what happened. Boy, won't that be one for the baby's book... how Daddy found out! I called my Mom back right after talking with Paul. She was bouncing off of the walls waiting for my call. She answered and I said "Hi Grandma...". She just started crying and said, "Thank you God" and couldn't talk for a few seconds. My Dad wasn't there but Mom had him call me immediately. His voice cracked as I told him I was pregnant and his voice cracked as he said "Congratulations." What a wonderful feeling. If this is a dream, don't wake me up.

Tuesday - 2nd Beta

My 2nd Beta is this morning. I'm admittedly nervous but I have this calm feeling about me. I didn't feel that way after I found out I was pregnant in January. I had this uneasy feeling as if something were wrong. I soon found out I was right. I had a chemical miscarriage. Paul was able to watch the kids today so I drove up to the RE's myself. I threw on my new CD by Gretchen Wilson and listened to "I'm here for the Party" and "Redneck Woman." Things felt right. I went in, met with Sherri and she took my blood. She was so excited for us! She said our numbers were great. I laughed and asked her what my numbers were since I was so excited that I couldn't remember anything with the exception that we were pregnant. She wrote it down for me "Beta/HCG - 153 (needed to be greater than 50), Estrogen - 268 (needed to be greater than 100) and Progesterone - 40 (needed to be greater than 10). Fantastic! She told me to keep taking my progesterone supplements and she would call me back early afternoon. I drove home and we had a nice family day together. Sherri called and said everything was great! My second betas were Beta/HCG - 482 (wanted to see around 300 or more), Estrogen - 385 and Progesterone - 34 (said that was okay and it can fluctuate a bit).

I talked with Paul and we decided that he was going to call his parents. He was really nervous because he didn't think they were going to take it well. He called and his Mom answered. They talked for a bit and he told her that I was pregnant again. Her initial response was "Was it an accident?" How horrible! She seemed to quiet down a bit and he said that she seemed to come around. He asked his Mom to have his Dad call him. It was getting late so he called his Dad. They talked for a bit and he told him the news. He was really excited and congratulated Paul.

Thursday - 3rd Beta

Okay, today is my last beta. I'm still feeling a bit nervous but even more calm than before. Two good betas, we'll be fine. Relax, no worries. In my heart I felt it would be fine but my mind started wondering. Okay, stop that, everything is fine. Paul can watch the kids again so I'll drive up myself again. It was a nice, quiet drive. I called and talked with my Mom a bit as I drove. She's just so happy for us that you can hear it in her voice. I went in and they did my blood work and I left immediately. Paul had to be at work by 11:00 a.m. so I didn't have time to mess around. I went home, Paul went to work and the kids and I just hung around the house playing games, watching movies, playing in the yard, and we cleaned a bit. The RE's office called around 4:30 p.m. but this time I really wasn't watching the clock and it seemed like time just flew by. Weird what a few days can do for you. The results were Beta/HCG - 908, Estrogen - 508 and Progesterone - 39. Yes! Breath, everything is fine. I'm REALLY pregnant! Everything is going great! My boobs are starting to hurt, no morning sickness yet but I'm not hungry one minute and then the next minute I could eat a horse! There's one thing that's really surprising me and that's that I'm REALLY tired. I don't remember feeling this tired with Morgan or Shane. I actually slept this afternoon when I put the kids down. Maybe it's my age or because I'm chasing two children around all day. Wonder how long it's going to last? Guess I'll find out.

Copyright © 2005 Susan Michelle. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet

Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.

Amreta's Graphic Corner