Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site

Susan's Pregnancy After Loss Journal

Week 9 ~ August 12, 2005
~ My New Nausea Fighting Companion

My husband Chris finally turned the corner and has been a big help to me this week. He is always doing something on the computer or watching TiVo, so he can usually be found in the office while I tend to camp out on the couch in the living room. I am constantly hollering for him to bring me tea or water or something and he was pretty irritated at first, but he finally gave in and doesn't really act inconvenienced anymore. YAY! I am very lucky in the sense that he really does a lot around the house. He has always done all the laundry and (usually) the dishes while I pretty much take care of bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting and plant watering. Unfortunately for him, I can barely get myself from the driveway to the couch when I get home from work, so he has been taking care of my chores too. I had to ask a few times but they did get done without too much resistance. I do feel bad that he has to do all the work, but if I could only feel normal for an hour I would gladly do all of it myself. Then again I think, I have to endure all this physical pain and still work while feeling so horrible, and he has to clean the house, that's a fair trade - right?

We were supposed to go out to dinner for our friend's birthday Saturday, and I managed to get up off the couch, get showered and pick out something to wear. But then as I was about to dry my hair I hit rock bottom and decided to stay home. Chris offered to stay home with me, but he really deserved a nice evening out after all he did for me this week, so I told him to go ahead without me. He said they had a really nice time so I was glad he went. Then the next day he surprised me with the children's book "Go-Dog-Go". We'd seen it at a garage sale the day before and I wanted to get it but I didn't because it was really flimsy and seemed like part of it was missing. The one he gave me was a big beautiful hard back collectors edition. SO SWEET!! So I guess he is officially out of the doghouse.

In other nausea news, it finally got so bad that I called the doctor and begged her to put me in the hospital so I could get some Zofran injections and something to let me sleep for a few hours. It had been days since I slept more than an hour or two at a time. No sooner do I fall asleep when the nausea wakes me back up. She didn't admit me to the hospital, but she did enroll me in a home care program where the nurse comes out and sets you up on a Zofran drip. I thought this just meant I would have to have an IV a couple hours a day. But OH NO, I have to WEAR this device all the time - for at least 6 weeks. The syringe is inside a pump that is about the size of a cordless telephone and the pump hooks to the IV tubing that goes in to a needle in my leg. The pump is in a little bag that attaches to your belt or waistband. The nurse also gave me a booster shot of Zofran to help give some immediate relief. FUN!!! I look like an 80 year old woman walking around with this IV in me, but it is definitely worth it. The improvement so far is only slight, but ANY improvement is welcomed. The nurse said it will take anywhere from one day to one week to feel like my old self again. I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Copyright © 2005 Susan. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet

Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.

Graphic Garden