Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site

Tamira's Pregnancy Journal

Week 37
~ Left . . . Right . . . Left

Tamira at 37 weeksFYI - I am writing this entry late as so much has gone on over the past week and a half, and it is hard for me to keep week 37 and week 38 separate. Right now I am 38.5 weeks pregnant, so I will make this entry cover up until that point, and the rest of week 38 will be submitted on Thursday, if that makes since.

My hips are getting so sore at night. There are only two choices I have. I can sleep on my right side until it becomes too painful, and then I can haul my hefty load over to the left side until the pain begins there as well, and I must make the gigantic roll back to my right side. I guess I shouldn't complain too much about that, as I am still only waking up once during the night, around 4 a.m. to go pee. This is truly a first for me. At this point in my other pregnancies I am usually getting up 2 or 3 times to adhere to nature's call.

I had my doctor's appointment/ultrasound on Oct. 30th (week 37), and everything looked good. The baby weighed about 7.8 lbs., which is not as large as I thought, but a good size none-the-less. I actually lost 4 pounds at this visit. I was definitely shocked about that. My next appointment will be on my birthday, November 6th.

My baby shower was really nice. It was a drop-in shower, so people just came and went from 2 to 5 p.m. I had a great time. All of the Sunday School teachers in my department at church went in together and got me a glider rocking chair. I have wanted one for every pregnancy, but never have gotten one. That was a big surprise! Now I don't have to use old "squeaky" anymore.

I wrote in my last entry about my father-in-law being on life support in ICU. My husband was able to get a load home and would be able to get here on Thursday, my birthday. Unfortunately, my father-in-law passed away on Wednesday night at about 11:30 p.m. I didn't tell him until he got home, as I didn't want him getting upset while driving that huge truck. He was very upset that he missed seeing his dad before he passed. The funeral was this past weekend and Gary was able to stay for that. He was home for 4 days. It was good to have him home for that long, but now I am super scared that he will not be able to get here for the birth in 1 1/2 weeks or less.

I also had a doctor's appointment on my birthday, November 6th. Evidently in my sleep, I had eaten buckets of sugar, because the doctor told me that I had loads of sugar in my urine. He was very concerned about this and had blood drawn that day. I have to go back on Tuesday, tomorrow, to do a fasting bloodtest, but it won't take 3 hours. I have also been told to stay off of all sugar, white flour, and bread. Can you believe it?? On my birthday, no sugar!!! I have been craving the chocolately birthday cake that my girls gave me for weeks! I begged and he said that I can have 1 small piece and that was it. If my blood sugar is high when I give birth, there is a big danger that the baby will crash after he is born. That is very scary, and I am doing my best. It is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Please pray for me and baby.

I have attached a 37 week picture.

~ Tamira

Copyright © 2008 Tamira. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet

Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.