Home Page A StorkNet Family Network Site
Tracy's Multiples Pregnancy Journal ~ a story of pregnancy after infertility

Week Twenty-Eight
~ Hanging in There!

Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to seeing our babies in this New Year. What a great thing to look forward to ~ two beautiful healthy babies. It makes bedrest somewhat tolerable. Of course, knowing that every day they spend inside means less time in the hospital. So far nothing has changed with my condition, so I'm hoping to make it to at least 32 weeks.

I'm checking my blood sugar four times a day with my glucose monitor. It's really not so bad once you've pricked your fingers a few times. I'm keeping my levels within the limits. They rise a little when taking the steroid shots twice a week, but that's normal. Larry has the pleasure of giving me the steroid injections because they are intramuscular and go in the hip. I give myself one insulin shot in the abdomen a day. I really don't want to do this more than two or three times a day so I'm eating what I'm supposed to. Or better yet, not eating what I'm not supposed to which basically means keeping my carbohydrates down to a minimum. I think I've lost five pounds in the process. The babies are still growing as they should be so I guess it's okay. I'll mention it at my next doctor appointment.

The bedrest is going ok. I've watched every soap opera, talk show and movie on cable. I started a cross-stitch birth sampler a week ago and now I'm almost finished. At this rate, I'll get lots of stitching done before the babies arrive. I'm sure I won't have any time once they arrive so I better take advantage of it now. Not much longer and they will be here!

Poor Larry. He's had some sort of virus or cold this week. He rarely gets sick so it's really hit him hard. I feel bad for him. My first instinct is, of course, to take care of him. But, in my condition I can't which makes it hard. He has to try to care for me and try to keep his germs away. He never takes sick time for himself, but this week he really had to. He took two days, which really wasn't enough. He's still sick, but he wanted to save some of his sick time so that he can take me to my doctor's appointments. I'm not allowed to drive myself.

I just want to thank those of you who have taken the time to e-mail me. I do get to read each one and appreciate everyone keeping us in their thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to respond to each one since my time on the computer is limited to occasional use. Hearing that others have been through the same ordeal and have healthy babies to show for it has made my time in bed a little easier.

Copyright © 2000 Tracy Edmonds. All rights reserved.
Site Design by StorkNet
Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome.