|Welcome to our birth stories area!
Check out these new stories:
To see our enormous collection of stories, click on an area you'd like to peruse:
Vaginal Birth, Long but Unmedicated Labor
as told by mom Kristen
Vaginal Delivery, Pitocin, Epidural
as told by mom Maribel
Hospital Waterbirth, One Dose of Fetanyl
as told by mom Krystal
A Home Waterbirth
as told by mom Jill
• Vaginal Birth
• Cesarean Birth
• Home Birth
• Special Deliveries
How to Submit Your Birth Story:
StorkNet is very proud of our special collection of birth stories, and our readers find them valuable to read. If you would like to submit your birth story, here is what you do . . .
Now, copy your story from your word processing document and paste into the following form, and be sure to add your statement giving us permission to post your story:
- Type your story in a word processing document.
- Include your name and baby's name.
- Please SPELL CHECK before you send to us! The cleaner your typing and grammar, the faster the story can be posted.
- Please do not send a long story as ONE paragraph. If you do, we need to take the time to separate portions of your story into paragraphs.
- Spell out abbreviations such as ultrasound for u/s, appointment for appt, and spell out symbols such as "and" instead of &.
- Be cautious of words like "cause" (should be "because"), "til" (should be "until"), "doc" should be "doctor") "I seen" (should be "I've seen" or "I saw") etc. Your story will be much more interesting if you take just a few minutes to edit: read your story a couple times after you have written it. It sounds very basic, but it is important and it saves us time. We will also make corrections if necessary, but you will help us out greatly if you spend some time checking your story. This helps us get the stories up sooner!
- VERY IMPORTANT! You MUST include a statement with your story that you give StorkNet permission to print your story. We cannot publish it without this statement!
- We will notify you if your story is used. Again, please be aware that we may edit your story for grammar, punctuation, spelling and length if necessary.
- It may take us up to three weeks to post your story, if it's used. We try to get them up much sooner but when real life gets in the way, we do the best we can.
- Remember that we cannot use your story if you do not give us permission to post it on StorkNet, and not all stories will be posted. THANK YOU!