• Stories Home

• Vaginal Birth
• Cesarean Birth
• Home Birth
• Twins
• Special Deliveries

Elsewhere on StorkNet:
• Pregnancy

• Childbirth Cubby
• Homebirth Cubby
• C-Sections Cubby
• VBAC Cubby
• Pregnancy Week
 By Week

Select a Week

StorkNet's Week By Week Guide to Pregnancy

Baby Namer

Enter a name
or words that
appear in its

Birth Stories at StorkNet ~ your pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and parenting community
Allison and Ethan & Alexander
Two baby boys, nine months and three weeks apart, both C-Sections, pre-eclampsia and HELLP Syndrome, premature babies

In 1999, I married a man with three children. His first wife had died in a car accident 1 1/2 years before we married. We knew from the time we got married that we wanted to have a child together. (I have a daughter from a previous relationship).

We got pregnant right away, then my husband got sick with meningitis and spent some time in the hospital. I ended up having a miscarriage. We were not discouraged though. We kept trying, and conceived a couple of months later.

It was a terrible pregnancy from day one. I was sick the whole time. My blood pressure was borderline high and had an abnormal AFP. We went through all the tests for the AFP and found out that our baby was fine. Then we found out I had gestational diabetes. The day I went to the diabetes doctor, my blood pressure was extremely high and I felt horrible, but we went home anyway. The next day, I felt worse than the day before, and my blood pressure was higher than before, so needless to say we made a trip to the doctor's office. He started a nonstress test and did the usual urine test. He came in right in the middle of the stress test and told me I needed to go to the hospital immediately because I had severe pre-eclampsia and HELLP Syndrome. I have never been so sick in my life. I spent four days in the hospital on mag-sulfate before they decided to deliver my son by C-Section. He was born at 30 weeks and six days. He spent 6 1/2 weeks in NICU. (We spent our first wedding anniversary while I was in the hospital).

Then shortly after bringing our son home, we found out I was pregnant again (by accident of course). Everything went better in the beginning, but I started having problems again. I ended up in the hospital at 32 weeks one day with the same old problems. My blood pressure was 180/120. I was told I was going to be admitted for 24 hour observation, but the next day the high risk doctor decided it was time for delivery, since my blood pressure had not stabilized. Once again I went to the C-Section room and gave birth to our second son.

Ethan and Alexander are nine months and three weeks apart in age. I am going to the doctor soon to see about getting my tubes tied. I don't think I can go through this again.


Copyright © 1996-2016 StorkNet. All rights reserved.
Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome. Link to Us!

StorkNet Family of Websites:
StorkNet's Blog | Pregnancy Week By Week | Exploring Womanhood | Books for Families | EriChad Grief Support