• Stories Home

• Vaginal Birth
• Cesarean Birth
• Home Birth
• Twins
• Special Deliveries

Elsewhere on StorkNet:
• Pregnancy

• Childbirth Cubby
• Homebirth Cubby
• C-Sections Cubby
• VBAC Cubby
• Pregnancy Week
 By Week

Select a Week

StorkNet's Week By Week Guide to Pregnancy

Baby Namer

Enter a name
or words that
appear in its

Birth Stories at StorkNet ~ your pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and parenting community
Chyan and her baby Trinaty
Vaginal Delivery, No Drugs Whatsoever (not enough time)

My due date was on November 12, 2002. That day came and went. Everyone told me I better have her before opening day of deer hunting. Well, that didn't happen either.

My husband worked third shift and was worried that he wouldn't be there for my delivery. When I went to my doctor's appointment on November 14, 2002, the doctor told me if nothing happened over the weekend that he would induce me on Monday, November 18.

On Sunday, November 17 my husband called in to work just in case I was going to be induced; he didn't want to be tired. That night he went to sleep and I stayed up doing laundry, carrying the laundry baskets up and down the stairs. I felt great. At about 3 in the morning I started to feel a little uncomfortable having mild contractions. So I tossed and turned for two hours. Finally I woke my husband up at 5 and told him we had to go to the hospital. He got up and jumped in the shower while I made sure to call everyone and let them know what was going on. He got out of the shower and we left for the hospital. We went to labor and delivery and they got us in a room and checked me out. The nurse told me I was dilated to .5. She let me go and told me to go walk around and then to go to my doctor's appointment at 9:30a.m. like I was supposed to.

We went to Meijer and walked around for a minute then we went home. My husband went back to sleep. It was only 7:30 a.m. I stayed up and my contractions were very strong and getting closer together. At about 9 a.m. I woke my husband up and told him I couldn't wait any longer, I had to go now. We went to my doctor's appointment early and told them I had already been to labor and delivery and that they sent me home. The doctor got me right in to see him. When I got in there he decided to check my cervix. He looked at me like I was nuts, then he said you need to get over to labor and delivery now. You're at 5 centimeters. So he got me a wheelchair and we headed over to the labor and delivery. Of course we stopped at the pay phone to call my Mom and my Dad. When we got in to the labor and delivery room, the nurse got me registered. She checked my cervix and told me that the doctor liked to guess a little bit. But when she checked my cervix I was dilated to 7 cm.

I had the option to get into the tub or not and I decided that I would. I was only in the tub for 15 minutes. They checked my cervix again and I was at 10 centimeters. Everyone was up at the hospital now. So the nurse helped me get into my gown and she got me to bed. The doctor came and told me that I had to get through 5 contractions and then I could start pushing so I did. It took me 45 minutes to push her out but it was more than worth it. I delivered my daughter at 12:57 p.m.

A Beautiful baby girl Named TRINATY!
8 pounds, 10 ounces
21 inches long


Copyright © 1996-2016 StorkNet. All rights reserved.
Please read our disclaimer and privacy policy.
Your feedback is always welcome. Link to Us!

StorkNet Family of Websites:
StorkNet's Blog | Pregnancy Week By Week | Exploring Womanhood | Books for Families | EriChad Grief Support